Small Collection from NCO - Will Pay, Have Question

Hegemon

I got a letter in the mail from NCO Financial Solutions regarding a $16.36 DHL package that they said I never paid for. I will pay them, but want to make sure they haven't dinged or will ding my credit. How do I find out? I'm not keen on spending $30 to pull my reports - I'm due for my free annual reports in about a month.

If I call and outright ask them if they have put anything on my CR, will the person on the other end even know?

Also, how do I pay? Do I need to have them sign something saying it is paid off and they haven't reported to the Big 3 (and if they did, they acknowledge it was a 'pay to delete' and will remove)?

Thanks!

Why would anyone ever pay NCO anything? :confused: At least cost them more than the amount in admin costs. DV them for no other reason than they are NCO. A telephone call will result in nothing. The people they employ are normally underqualified to flip burgers :p

If I send a couple of CMRRR letters, that's a long way towards this small amount of $16. It would be cheaper to just pay them.

My main concern is whether they have put anything on my credit report. Is there a way to pull a free report besides waiting until my free annual report date?

My main concern is whether they have put anything on my credit report. Is there a way to pull a free report besides waiting until my free annual report date?

Sign up for a free trial with the service of your choice, then cancel it before the trial period is up.

Sign up for a free trial with the service of your choice, then cancel it before the trial period is up.

A word of caution. If you do this I would make sure that you use a pre paid visa/mc to make sure your bank account isnt tapped every month. I see many complaints from people trying to stop these "free trials". Not all of the companies are bad but many work on an affiliate basis and consumer forums are full of tales of woe about them. Just a thought.

NCO financial are scum of the lowest order. Don't trust anything they haven't put in writing and keep records for YEARS in case the debt you paid gets sold and some other scumbag company starts harassing you over it in the future. Also don't give them anything with any of your account information on it ie a check or credit card #, they are crooks. Use a Bank Draft of Money Order and keep copies of everything as well.

If the debt is actually legit why not pay it to the O.C.?