Discovery

I understand that the CA has 30 days to reply to your Discovery. I see on here where it has been advised to follow up with a Motion to Compel if they don't respond.

My question is : If they didn't respond to your original request why would you want to file a motion to Compel. All the documents you requested then would not be allowed to be submitted as evidence. If they try to enter them, you can object to them and then they would have no way to prove anything.

yes or no ?

I understand that the CA has 30 days to reply to your Discovery. I see on here where it has been advised to follow up with a Motion to Compel if they don't respond.

My question is : If they didn't respond to your original request why would you want to file a motion to Compel. All the documents you requested then would not be allowed to be submitted as evidence. If they try to enter them, you can object to them and then they would have no way to prove anything.

yes or no ?

awww, see i made the same mistake,dont seem to work that way, you need to show the court that they are Not compling with your request, ( great way to get sanctions too), they may agrue they are still in discovery, and 99.99% of judges will grant more time,

timeline,is summons,20days,if you have counter claims, plaintiff has 20 days to reply,

'discovery , usually 30 days, ( IF you asked for discovery with your answer and any counterclaims), or you will have to wait the full 30 days if you filed it later , 31st day, file for motion to compel, ( ask for 10 days to comply) you may just go and ask the judge to sign this without a court date,wait until the 11th day after this is sent(CMRRR ),File your motion for summary judgement,send to CA atty CMRRR,, & get a court ( trial)date, Then you can Object to anything they did not provide during " discovery" ,,

I "missed the motion to compel" or I would have won ,now I have to wait another 10 days for discovery to be done,

Hello there! I really am confused on this point. The law says one thing but how it is applied is seemingly different. So are we always supposed to give the opposing side a courtesy note to let them know they screwed up? Then motion to compel?

I keep thinking that you might alert the other side to a problem they might be able to correct and then you are screwed. What really to do?

Hello there! I really am confused on this point. The law says one thing but how it is applied is seemingly different. So are we always supposed to give the opposing side a courtesy note to let them know they screwed up? Then motion to compel?

you dont have to send them anything after your discovery request ,but a motion to compel( warning letter provide proof now or else)

I keep thinking that you might alert the other side to a problem they might be able to correct and then you are screwed. What really to do?

this just tells the other side,show me what you got..

I had done the same thing, sent discovery and heard back nothing, so got a court trial date, all the atty had to say was, I am Still In discovery, that did it.judge said to me, :if you had motioned to compel,this case would have been over,,( discovery30 days compel 10 days+40 ) as it would show the "plaintiff failed to act upon a compel(court) order" , guess the "plaintiff" just has to say, we are working on it but X hasnt gotten all the records of X yet,, tough S* for you if the judge said to do something( compel) and you didnt ,big differance btw a request and a order

if the shoe was on the other foot Defendant, say it wasnt your fault X hasnt replied yet? or the bank is getting that but it will take two weeks? it has to do with "fairness"

IF they do show discovery , then you have to go thru each one and admit or object, then you start attacking thier proof,

The rosy view of court proceedings, is that all parties are engaged to get at the truth of the matter.

You believe your truth is the real truth, the other guy thinks his is, now your before a "neutral" third party to weigh and find the real truth.

If yours is the real deal you theoretically have nothing to fear by being patient and forthcoming.

So as not to appear to be hiding anything, and be dealing in good faith, you form the paper trail of requesting more then once. Then the motion to compel will have a greater chance of being granted in the first place.

yes or no ?

Actually, it depends on your state civil procedures. The time may actually be 20 days.