HomePhone

energizer

Hi

I am interested in knowing what are the rights and consequences on calling back OC, CA's or JDB's from your homephone?

Do they record and have caller ID's. Can they legally call you back at that number. Are they allowed to pursue collections at the number you just called from?

Until now I have been very skeptical about calling from home/cell phone just becoz of them calling back on that very same number

Hi

I am interested in knowing what are the rights and consequences on calling back OC, CA's or JDB's from your homephone?

Do they record and have caller ID's. Can they legally call you back at that number. Are they allowed to pursue collections at the number you just called from?

Until now I have been very skeptical about calling from home/cell phone just becoz of them calling back on that very same number

you can hide your caller id information, its * XX . look in your phone book or ask your cell carrier,

I personally do not give my home phone number to any of them! :hmph: I find it a lot more pleasant to have my phone ring for those I wish to talk to. I purchased what I call the "throw away phones"...tracfones and keep minutes on it. I check the voice mail from another phone whereby never using the minutes. If I have to call them back, it's on that phone. 8-) I have used this method for years. :yahoo:

I personally do not give my home phone number to any of them! :hmph: I find it a lot more pleasant to have my phone ring for those I wish to talk to. I purchased what I call the "throw away phones"...tracfones and keep minutes on it. I check the voice mail from another phone whereby never using the minutes. If I have to call them back, it's on that phone. 8-) I have used this method for years. :yahoo:

I also have a toss away, but it can add up some are .30 a minute

you can just hide your caller information on a home phone for alot less...

and IF they do happen to get the number tell them it is NOT a good number to call back , its a public line( you can do caller reject too)

better yet send a C&D,, you can call them, they cant call you

Hi

Yes, they have caller ID. Yes, most of them record conversations. If they didn't get the number from the original contract you filled out, there are many, many ways of finding out your home phone.

The only time its illlegal is if their call cost you money (its in the FDCPA) which usually only applies to cell phones. I beleive there was a recent court decesion saying that even calling cell phone is okay if that the phone you listed.

You can send a CA or JDb a complete C&D, but even then they're allowed one more call to tell yo what their intenions are. The only way to stop an OC from calling is to file an "harassment" complaint with your phone company.

you can just hide your caller information on a home phone for alot less...

Sorry to burst your bubble, but blocking your number when you call an 800 number doesn't work.. They still get your caller id.

And to answer OP's question, somewhere in your agreement and your privacy rights, you agreed to OC's collecting personal information about their experience with you and to share it with their affiliates, business partners, etc.

And as far as JDB's, CAs, remember the statement: "This is an attempt to collect a debt and any information obtained will be used for that purpose". So if you call them, they can legally use the information you volunteered, including recorded conversations, caller id, etc.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but blocking your number when you call an 800 number doesn't work.. They still get your caller id.

And to answer OP's question, somewhere in your agreement and your privacy rights, you agreed to OC's collecting personal information about their experience with you and to share it with their affiliates, business partners, etc.

And as far as JDB's, CAs, remember the statement: "This is an attempt to collect a debt and any information obtained will be used for that purpose". So if you call them, they can legally use the information you volunteered, including recorded conversations, caller id, etc.

I also suggested a C&D, dont know why they would want to call a CA ,, anyways you can always use a pay phone for a toll fee call