What's the best 'reason for deletion' on this one?

Goalie

I have a collection for an old cell phone bill that someone ran up in my name. Yes, I was too nice and assumed they would pay the bill...But of course they didn't. It's been on my credit for a while now and I stubbornly insisted not to pay it since I didn't use it, but I've decided I would like to try to get it taken off, but this week I received a letter for the same debt, only the letter is from a different CA.

Because this debt was obviously sold to another agency, will disputing the one that's already on my credit get it taken off? What reason for deletion should I use when writing the credit bureaus?

Now is your chance. Do what is known as the 1 2 punch. Send DV letter to new CA and shortly after dispute w/ CRA and they will be gone at least until they provide VOD.
How old is it the sol for collection on cell phones is 2 yrs,although they can report it for 7 yrs.:!:

How old is it the sol for collection on cell phones is 2 yrs,although they can report it for 7 yrs.:!:

The date reported says 03/2008.

I will try the 1 2 punch, but I am unsure what to say in my dispute to the CRA? I know I need some type of reason but I am afraid if I say this was not an authorized account or something to that effect then they will just send back the "verified" letter.

The same thing is happening to me now too. I had a CA trying to collect on a debt i got from being nice to someone. Now i'm getting letters for the same debt from a totally different lawyer. Is it the same thing for me as it is for him? Because the CA is still on my report, if the CA off loaded it to some Lawyer now shouldn't the CA's TL be deleted? Should i go for the 1,2 punch too?

I sent a DV to the CA and was ignored...should i note that to the lawyer? The lawyer is not on my CR yet, but does that mean anything? If his office is handling the debt now doesn't that meant the CA is now out of the picture?

Thanks for the help

Maybe yes maybe no. Depends on who owns the debt if it is still with the OC when your DV was recieved they may have sent it back and the the OC sent it to the Lawyer. Possibility CA is JDB and has sent to lawyer, if this is the case and your DV was timely you would have CA/JDB for continued collection activities, but only if DV was timely, meaning with in 30 days of reciept of dunning letter.