PFD agreement through e-mail?

Goalie

I would get it in writting through snail mail, they can always claim they did email it someone else use their email addy but they can't claim that through us mail, besides if you had to file a complaint and email I don't think would hold much.

i agree that is better to have it in writing sent to you via regular mail. However, I also believe that it can hold up as a valid agreement. Ask them to be very specific in their email (names, account numbers, date, what you pay/payed, what they promise to do, when etc...)

I can tell you from harsh PERSONAL experience that an e-mail PFD would not stand up in court OR be treated seriously by any CR....

just a warning.

That would appear to be at variance with federal law ie E-Sign Act (15 USC 7001-7031)

Well. newry, I know what happened.

Just say no. Get it in writing.

But that is the point a .pdf is a facsimile copy of a document in writing just the same as a Fax transmission is. It is good practice to follow either a fax or an email with hard copy. But the pdf and fax are documents of proof non the less.

But that is the point a .pdf is a facsimile copy of a document in writing just the same as a Fax transmission is. It is good practice to follow either a fax or an email with hard copy. But the pdf and fax are documents of proof non the less.

but an email is NOT a .pdf file.

OP does not make a distinction that any agreement through the email is anything other than "back and forth" normal e-mail messaging. We can not assume otherwise until told so by the OP.

but an email is NOT a .pdf file.

OP does not make a distinction that any agreement through the email is anything other than "back and forth" normal e-mail messaging. We can not assume otherwise until told so by the OP.

Dyslexic reading PFD /.pdf xshotx

However the point still stands and certainly the 1st Circuit has held email can be relied upon. If it is from cyrilthecoolcollector@hotmail.com then there may be more of an issue than if it comes from Straight.Stevieboy@Honestcollectionsrus.com. A company e mail address means the original is sitting on their servers and can be recovered even after deletion.