Good with one CRA - Bad with other 2..advice please?

BorrowedTime

I'm just starting the road to credit repair. I thought after a couple of large chargeoffs, my credit would at least be fair but not so. I have about 5 negative accounts which are all services (medical, utilities, cable) that total less than $500. My score is 565 with Ex and Eq and 598 with TU. I had a credit card account with Discover and they threatened to sue me directly - they didn't even sell the debt, so I panicked and paid for "less than the full amount" even though what I paid them was well over what I had actually charged (late fees and such). TransUnion lists this account as positive with "paid as agreed" while the other 2 list it as paid for less than full amount or settlement and they reflect negatively. I have disputed this with the other 2 agencies. Does anyone have any other angles I can use to either get it removed or changed to a positive account?

Also, while I'm here...do "pay for deletes" on the types of items I mentioned above usually work regardless if they are still with the OC or a DC? Is it worth paying them? They are all in dispute right now and I intend to send them DV's if the disputes don't work.

Thanks in advance!

"Also, while I'm here...do "pay for deletes" on the types of items I mentioned above"

Which ones above, the med, utility and cable?

YES a PFD should work.

The first thing I would try with those is ask if they can be recalled form the DC and deal with the OC, once that is done the DC will be removed from your CR's.

If not then offer to PFD with the DC if that doesn't work.

The last thing you want on your credit is a DC showing paid, it is just as bad as having one that is NOT paid.