Collector is promising to dismiss judgment...

I received an stipulation of settlement from the debt collector. It states that they will submit a satisfaction of judgment once they receive my payment. I called them and ask if they could instead dismiss the case since from my research it will be the best thing to happen in my case. They stated they would not put it on writing but that once they receive the payment they will dismiss the case.

I see 2 problems with this, first when I send my payment I need to sign the stipulation of settlement that states they would file satisfaction of judgment.

Second I don't have a way to proof they stated they will dismiss the case. Any suggestions? I am thinking that once I am ready to submit the payment I will call again and have them to stated they will dismiss the case once they receive the payment and tape the conversation....Also should I sign the Stipulation of settlement? I am very confused and very worried about this.

If they already have a judgment against you, they can't "dismiss" it. They could vacate the judgment, but this involves considerable time and effort on their part, I doubt if this is really plausible.

Satisfaction of judgment is probably the best you can hope for. Sorry.

Has a judgment already been entered?

If not, do not sign. Tell them to prepare a simple agreement whetre you pay $X and, when last check clears, they dismiss with prejudice. That way, when all of this is over, you will have a dismissal in the record instead of a judgment.