Question About Debt Validation

Hello,

I sent two CAs DV letters almost a month ago. One of them has not responded, so I know how to proceed from there. The other one did send me verification of the debt within a couple of days. The CA is collecting on behalf of an apartment complex I lived at. They sent me a copy of the lease and an invoice for "damages" to the apartment. It was just an itemized statement of my rent payments/deposits, and then they added the charges for a new carpet after I moved out.

However, I think I can still fight this and win if I use the right strategy. In my opinion, they did not send me proof positive (i.e. a receipt from a cleaner) that shows exactly how they came up with these charges. Basically they can make up any number they want. Can you give me some advice as to how to proceed? Thanks in advance!