Help with understanding CR

rodeogal

I just pulled my free credit report from TU and I have a couple of questions please:

1-On the old/closed/co accounts, how do I know when the last payment was made and where they are on SOL?

2-I have one cc account that I have never been late on and still have a small balance. However, this account has been closed by the issuer and the credit limit is showin as zero. Is this account hurting me? Should I ask for PFD?

3-Does it help your score to have "paid after co/collection" accounts removed?

4-I have one account that reads like this:

credit one bank

balance zero

verified 4/2008

collateral: sold

date opened 5/2004

date closed 6/2005

date paid 12/2004

What are my options on this one?

Thanks in advance!

I just pulled my free credit report from TU and I have a couple of questions please:

1-On the old/closed/co accounts, how do I know when the last payment was made and where they are on SOL? This would be either the Date of First Delinquency DOFD or the Date of last activity DOLA

2-I have one cc account that I have never been late on and still have a small balance. However, this account has been closed by the issuer and the credit limit is showin as zero. Is this account hurting me? Should I ask for PFD? Depending on the age of the account, when it was opened getting it removed will sting a little bit, the fact that it is not reporting limit and does carry a small balance stings a bit, it shows your UTL on that account to be over the top, send them a what I call a combo PFD and goodwill letter, admit you made a mistake by not paying it due to whatever circumstances, praise being a customer even though you hate thier guts, offer to settle the amount if the DELETE it GET IT IN WRITTING

3-Does it help your score to have "paid after co/collection" accounts removed? Nope hurts just as much as having a non paid collection, so does the notation "settled for less"

4-I have one account that reads like this:

credit one bank

balance zero

verified 4/2008

collateral: sold

date opened 5/2004

date closed 6/2005

date paid 12/2004

What are my options on this one? best suggestion, dispute it, dispute it as not sold, dispute the closed date if you have to, pick it apart and dispute anything that is wrong with it. If that doesn't work, send them a drooling kindness letter praising them for their service to you as a consumer, admit your fault, let them you know you are tring to move on with your financial life and this is holding you back.

Thanks in advance!

Good luck, and remember it never hurts to ask or try, you will never know unless you jump on the plank and walk it a while