scorch

New job offer! (Need help fast!)

So my company has invited me to do customer service for [Censored], which includes better pay, paid benefits and more hours.

The problem I am having right now is that they are asking for all addresses that I have lived at, past employers with addresses, names; addresses and phone numbers of people that can acknowledge that I have lived at each address dating back five years. (Now I do not recall very well this history nor have I known too many people's addresses or phone numbers :roll:). They also need a copy of my birth certificate, which I do not have, a pee test too all by Friday. Is this possible?

I have ordered my Lexis Nexis report last month and have yet to receive it. Now if anyone can help me at all, I will appreciate it very much. In the mean time, I will have to try very hard to remember/find all my old addresses.

Edit: They are actually giving me until Tuesday to provide the birth certificate. ;)

Birth certificates are issued by dept of vital statistics - If you were born in Co, same day service is available.

http://www.cdphe.state.co.us/certs/birth.html

as for past addresses & employers, you might be able to check your old tax forms and credit reports.

I was actually born in California.. sorry, probably should have made that clear. Now my credit reports are clean of old addresses So I've had to use google for those and I do not have all of those old tax forms either.. My main problem there is remembering the order of the places I've worked.

Do you have a current resume that may help on employment?

It's going to be tough to obtain a copy of your birth certificate from Ca in the timeframe you have......

http://ww2.cdph.ca.gov/certlic/birthdeathmar/Pages/ProcessingTimes.aspx

I do have a resume, but the work history does not go back that far. Thanks for the help, I saw that page earlier and I think they need the request in writing, which is probably part of the reason why I do not have my birth certificate.

Hi Scorch, that's great that you have such a promising job prospect on the horizon. What I would do if I were you is call the IRS at their toll free number and order Wage & Income transcripts for 2003-2008. This will list all of your W-2 and 1099 income information that has been reported to them for the last 5 years. If you have a fax number available, they should be able to have this faxed to you within the day. If you need copies of the tax returns beyond seeing your W-2's, you can also order tax return transcripts for the last 3 years, which I think now would probably mean 2006-2008.

Hope this helps - good luck!

Scorch,

Getting a birth certificate from CA by Tuesday is probably not possible. There is a chance that, if your parents or children still live there, they can get a copy and overnight it, but CA is a pain in the butt to deal with on birth certificates.

The reason they want it is what I would question. Is it to prove citizenship? If so, there are other things that cover that...such as a passport. Also, most employers can offer you the position with the understanding if that if X is not provided by Y, then the offer is withdrawn and you will be paid for only the work you have done to date.

Good luck!

If you can't remember the places you've lived or where you worked for the past 5 years your either very unstable or really shoul be worried about the piss test.

I didn't want to bring that up, but ...

If you can't remember the places you've lived or where you worked for the past 5 years your either very unstable or really shoul be worried about the piss test.

Haha!, No I am clean. I used to be unstable..

GlitterGal, I can use a passport instead, but I don't have that either and don't know about how to get one..

when my children started school, we had to provide the educational institution with a copy of their birth certificates..........Lord only knows how long they would keep that on file.....but, it may be worth a shot in the dark

Try and think of other options - Birth Certificates are required when applying for a passport.

Maybe your parents have a copy of your birth certificate.

No one has it...

Would anyone happen to know if there is way to find out the dates I worked at each place without calling them and hoping they have records? I checked my "employment report" and there was nothing there...

Thanks for the input everyone. The deadline for the paperwork to be in changed to Monday and the deadline to get my birth certificate in has changed to whenever I get it. I was luckily able to find an old resume which went back more than 5 years on Monster.com.

I still get to start training Monday!!