volks12

Summons and Complaint

I have received a Summons and Complaint there is no case number or anything it looks like of of those forms you can get on line and fill in the blanks. there is nothing on there singed by the court. and when i went and looked up to see if there was anything in the court records nothing came up. Is this real or a fake. The law firm who sent this did not have it hand delivered or was it certified. The law firm also has a lot of complaints against them and a lot of negative feed back. Can any one help Thanks Leona Fuller

I can almost bet you 20 bucks that is a scare tactic and it is also ILLEGAL as hell to threaten legal action without the intent to follow through.

How old is the debt?

Is it past your state's SOL?

it not even a year yet so. but i never heard any thing after the store telling me i need to make a payment. Then all of a sudden i get this letter. they never called or if they did they did not leave a message

In Minnesota, apparently, there does not have to be a case number. I would still file an answer.

The SOL for Minnesota can be can be found in the statute of limitations link above.

Hello fellow Minnesotan. What we have here is called a "pocket docket" where you can be served papers, but the one who's suing doesn't have a specific time frame for actually filing suit. You need to answer the lawsuit within 20 days by filing it with the court and sending to the lawyer.

The filing fee is pretty stiff at $252, so if you owe less than that, get a hold of the lawyer and work out a settlement so that it may stay off your reports.

Otherwise the lawyer will get a default judgment on you after 20 days and the court will immediately notify you of that.

Good luck.

i am talking to a lawyer about bankruptcy and i ask him if i should answer and he told me no. and i owe $425.13 and the are asking for 880.26

should i send a answer any way or listen to him SO CONFUSED:cry: WHAT SHOULD I DO

send them a notice of councel,, let your atty work it for you

ANSWER The summons and complaint. You do NOT have to file your answer with the court, just serve the plaintiff or plaintiffs attorney your answer. Whether you are filing bankruptcy or not, you should answer. If you end up NOT filing BK, they will obtain a default judgement if you do not respond.