Recieved answer on dv

Sent a dv to ca and got a letter back from oc that says:

A thorough investigation was completed in response to your inquiry regarding your credit card account.

We have determined that the account balance is accurate.

Please send payment imediately. Any fees generated during this investigation period must also be paid.

Customer support division.

This account is owned by Chase N.A.

What the heck is this suppose to mean? It came from Card Services

What would be my next step?

(Heavy sigh)

We can't tell you what your next step should be, because we don't know where you want to go.

Do you want to pay the bill? Send the OC a check.

Do you want to negotiate a settlement? Tell the CA you'll only deal with the OC, then try to reach and agreement with them.

Do you not have the money to pay, due to temporary financial difficulties? Tell the OC you're having problems, but will make good when things get better.

Do you dispute the amount of the bill? Ask for an accounting of how the amount was determined.

Do you simply have no intention of paying the bill? Tell the CA not to contact you again, and then wait to see if you get sued.

Do you think you have some valid reason not to pay? You'll have to tell us what you think it is.

As for your question about "What the heck is this suppose to mean?", here's what it looks like: Upon receiving a DV request, the CA is supposed to obtain proof from the OC and provide it to the consumer. It looks like they did that. Except the OC sent the information to you directly, rather than passing it through the CA. Hard to make a case that your rights have somehow been violated.

Regards,

DH

Sent a dv to ca and got a letter back from oc that says:

A thorough investigation was completed in response to your inquiry regarding your credit card account.

We have determined that the account balance is accurate.

Please send payment imediately. Any fees generated during this investigation period must also be paid.

Customer support division.

This account is owned by Chase N.A.

What the heck is this suppose to mean? It came from Card Services

What would be my next step?

Typically, Chase collects in house for two months, then farms the account to one of its primary 3rd party CAs for 4 months. If nothing happens, the 3rd party CA returns the account back to Chase where it is then charged off and farmed out again or sold. Where are you in the process?

Well,

It is charged off is what they told me. Card services is thier servicing agent on all thier credit cards. Then it was turned over to a ca. Client Services.

This answer does not tell me an amount, or how they arrived at the amount or anything. I thought the ca was suppose to send verification. This account I have had for 20 yrs so they proably don't have the original aggreement anymore. I can't settle as I am not working. (auto industry). I guess I am just hoping I can hold them off as long as possible.

Well,

It is charged off is what they told me. Card services is thier servicing agent on all thier credit cards. Then it was turned over to a ca. Client Services.

This answer does not tell me an amount, or how they arrived at the amount or anything. I thought the ca was suppose to send verification. This account I have had for 20 yrs so they proably don't have the original aggreement anymore. I can't settle as I am not working. (auto industry). I guess I am just hoping I can hold them off as long as possible.

you could try asking again, for "carlification"

not a refusal but a dispute to your demand I pay (CA)

In response to your letter dated XX, please explain how you reached X amount,please provided a signed Contract from( date you opened account) that shows how you reached X amount as Per said contract. a Break down of dates, Interest charged, Amount of interest charged ect..

Than add I will need at least 30 days to review any information sent .If you can Not send this information or it does not exisit, I will require a written notice to that fact.

Notice this is NOT a DV but a "request for more information" and if they dont have it, make they say so in writing..

you could try asking again, for "carlification"

not a refusal but a dispute to your demand I pay (CA)

In response to your letter dated XX, please explain how you reached X amount,please provided a signed Contract from( date you opened account) that shows how you reached X amount as Per said contract. a Break down of dates, Interest charged, Amount of interest charged ect..

Than add I will need at least 30 days to review any information sent .If you can Not send this information or it does not exisit, I will require a written notice to that fact.

Notice this is NOT a DV but a "request for more information" and if they dont have it, make they say so in writing..

If the debt is charged off by original creditor, Chase, why is further clarification required of the 3rd party collector?Does the charge off not mean you no longer owe the Original Creditor, much less the 3rd party collector who has no agreement with you and who has no right to collect from you?

If the debt is charged off by original creditor, Chase, why is further clarification required of the 3rd party collector?Does the charge off not mean you no longer owe the Original Creditor, much less the 3rd party collector who has no agreement with you and who has no right to collect from you?

you need proof from 2nd party , 1st debt collector that they have the "rights" to attempt to collect , if 2 cant collect, sells/trasfers ect to 3, 3 has to show 1 gave/sold to 2 , 2 gave/sold to 3 , ect..

"chain of custody"

you wouldnt pay "paul" if you owe "john" , just because "sue" told you to would you? wouldnt you make "sue: prove, that you need to pay "paul" before handing over money thats maybe due to 'john"..

Charge off is simply an accounting term. It does imply that the OC has sold the debt. It certainly doesn't mean you no longer owe it. A 3rd party may well have the right to collect if they have bought the debt or if they are acting as agent of the OC. It is all dealt with in the original contract normally.