nascar

Yet another citizen executed by the police...

stefdr said:

:shock:Emphasis mine.

So, I take it, that if you were a cop, the judges and juries would no longer be needed? Seems like that may be the case somewhere, umm ..., let me think...

Ummm, sounds like "Judge Dredd", and that was just a movie.

Hey, I've got it! Why don't we just completely ban private gun ownership! That will solve crime once and for all! And then monkeys might fly out of my butt!

I stand by what I said previously. If I were the police officer, and the perp pointed the gun at me, I'd empty my clip to make sure he didn't get up.

If somone breaks into my house, I'm not going to try to reason with them, I'm going to make sure their life of crime is over.

Ummm, sounds like "Judge Dredd", and that was just a movie.

Hey, I've got it! Why don't we just completely ban private gun ownership! That will solve crime once and for all! And then monkeys might fly out of my butt!

I stand by what I said previously. If I were the police officer, and the perp pointed the gun at me, I'd empty my clip to make sure he didn't get up.

If somone breaks into my house, I'm not going to try to reason with them, I'm going to make sure their life of crime is over.

stefdr, start at the first post and read carefully. We got crossed up somewhere! My fault, I'm sure, for posting the link to the video. Sorry!:oops:

I've got an idea...

Hows about we let everyone carry a gun.

Well, in 39 outta 50 states, you can. Most don't choose to do it. Those of us with a license to carry are in the minority. However, there's still 4 million of us.

I can tell you what I would not do. I would not, in concert with two others, fire 24 shots at someone who might only be guilty of assault.

There is a point in time where the police were no longer acting in self-defense and became the agressors. I would expect that came somewhere between the first and second shot that was fired.

3 cops, 24 shots, 10 hits. Nothing to get all in a twist about.

If you're justified in shooting someone, whether you're a cop or a private citizen, then the justification isn't for you to fire one or two shots. You're justified in shooting until the threat subsides.

24 shots, 3 guns, 8 rounds each on average. That can start and end in about 1.5 seconds.

A 41 percent hit ratio (10 outta 24) is actually pretty good. Shooting on a square range at a piece of paper is one thing. Having someone return fire at you is something altogether different.

http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/local/story/Armed-man-shot-by-Polk-deputies-dies/Nx9M0X6XOEu-9cJ2EVSJvA.cspx

WINTERHAVEN, FL -- An armed man was shot by several Polk County deputies Thursday night after he pointed his gun at them and refused to lower it, according to a Sheriff's Office spokeswoman.

27-year-old Eddie Sutton later died at Winterhaven Hospital.

Deputies first spoke with Sutton's mother Danita near the family's barn on Lucerne Road after she called the Sheriff's Office. She told deputies she argued with her son there, who pounded on her car hood as she drove away.

Sutton said she was afraid of her son, saying he had become increasingly violent after a 2004 motorcycle crash in which he had suffered a near-fatal brain injury. She also feared he was not taking his medication and might have a gun.

When deputies walked into the barn, Sutton walked towards the deputies armed with a .22 caliber rifle and aimed it at Deputy Ivan Navarro, 34, according to spokeswoman Donna Wood.

Navarro ordered Sutton to drop the weapon but he refused numerous commands to do so and continued to move towards the three deputies, who opened fire, hitting Sutton numerous times, according to the Sheriff's Office.

The shooting happened just after 9pm Thursday.

The deputies, Navarro, 33-year-old Kevin Loder and 25-year-old trainee Christopher Diaz fired a total of 24 shots from their Glock .40 caliber weapons.

Sutton was taken to Winterhaven Hospital where he later died. It appears he may have fired two to three shots at the deputies, but they were not injured, Wood said.

Sutton has been arrested numerous times in many Florida counties. He was first arrested in 1999 in Polk County.

The deputies have been placed on paid administrative leave pending the outcome of an internal investigation.

Points a gun at cops, they order him to drop it more than once, eventually they shoot him.

3 cops with Glock .40 caliber handguns. Depending upon the model and ammo magazines, either 14, 16 or 18 rounds in each gun. That's between 42 and 54 rounds of ammo between the three guns. They fired 24 rounds. No, they didn't empty their magazines, reload, and then shoot him again for good measure.

I'm just not seeing anything excessive here.

I've got an idea...

Hows about we let everyone carry a gun. Then there'd be no need for police.

NRA Life Member. I have a concealed carry permit and usually do.

NRA Life Member. I have a concealed carry permit and usually do.
Good for you. Protect yourself. Next time you see a cop, take it out and show it to them. They'll be impressed.

Good for you. Protect yourself. Next time you see a cop, take it out and show it to them. They'll be impressed.

I have. They have been. I have several friends that are police officers. The last time I checked they were still the good guys.

I don't hang out around any crackheads, if I were to take out my gun around them it would most likely be for it to be put to use.

Oh I agree...the cops are the good guys. Like I said, my bother was a cop.

All I'm saying is...should you happen to find yourself pulled over for driving a little drunk, or stopped by a state cop for speeding, or (as just happened here in Des Moines) standing at the top of your stairs when 3 cops come busting in your house to serve a search warrant...show it to them then.

(As it happens, the guy in Des Moines WAS a rapist (as DNA proved), but the point is...he was in his own house in an upscale neighborhood...and he didn't hear them knock. All he saw was he came out of his bedroom and there were 3 guys at the foot of his stairs. He raised his .22, and they fired 24 shots at him. In this case, the good guys did the right thing, but it could just as easily have been 284 West 81st NE they broke into instead of 284 East 81st NW).

I am a Police Officer- I like the idea of good people carrying firearms- last time I checked THIS IS STILL AMERICA. As far as gun control laws- The bad guys aren't going to follow them anyways.

As far as protecting myself and family- I prefer my 75lb. Belgian Malinois. The one tool I know can never be used against us.

As far as gun control laws- The bad guys aren't going to follow them anyways.
Lol! You hit on one of the two most annoying arguments that I constantly hear by the anti-gun lobby.

1) Criminals do not check the current statutes before buying a gun on the street. They do not care. Only law abiding people give two craps about gun laws.

2) The second amendment has zero to about hunting. If I hear that one more time, I'm going to puke.

By and large, cops in Washington aren't impressed. However, since there's such a high concentration of concealed carriers, it's easy to see why they'd think, "Been there. Done that. Got the T-shirt."