how to answer collection agency refusal to produce documents?

luve1

hi guys,

im new here. have a question. Right now im in a fight with a debt buyer. i have already send in answer to complaint..notice of apperance..admission and production. I am from alabama. Alabama says that you must file a motion for discovery or plaintiff must agree to it. After filing documents with court i sent a copy to plaintiff. He answered and said he didnt agree to discovery so now i must compel court to do it. my question is im having trouble finding alabama civil procedure for this and exactly what to put in my motion and objection letter to produce documents that plaintiff sent me.. please help. thanks

Hire a lawyer.

Would you perform surgery on yourself? I don't think so.

Seems to me the only reasons not to hire a lawyer are because you don't want to pay the money and that the final court decision is not all that important. If so, fine.

Besides, do you really want to rely on a stranger on the internet for legal advice?

hi guys,

im new here. have a question. Right now im in a fight with a debt buyer. i have already send in answer to complaint..notice of apperance..admission and production. I am from alabama. Alabama says that you must file a motion for discovery or plaintiff must agree to it. After filing documents with court i sent a copy to plaintiff. He answered and said he didnt agree to discovery so now i must compel court to do it. my question is im having trouble finding alabama civil procedure for this and exactly what to put in my motion and objection letter to produce documents that plaintiff sent me.. please help. thanks

look at your court rules of procedure. its a motion to compel, usually after x days and Plaintiff failed to respond, youn eed to copy 1st request and green card and attach to your motion

your reply to thier "produce aka discovery" is just send them back what ever they sent you "produce documents that plaintiff sent me" that would be the documents that plaintiff sent, title it" defendants reply to plaintiff request of documents sent to defendant"

Usually defendants ask for this as proof of dunning letters ect. have No idea why the atty wants copies of what they should already have..send it anyways, should really get em,

I asked for copies of eveything plaintiff gotf rom us, I did it just to be a pain, I have copies of everything I sent,,