Does Bank of America hate me?

edthecncman

I pulled my credit reports recently to see how a chapter 13 filed in October of 2007 has hurt me. I was pleasantly surprised as the scores, mid 600s, did not seem to be that bad. One thing that I did see that was somewhat disturbing to me was an entry on the derogatory listings area from Bank of America. They were, and still are being paid through the trustee. My credit report shows the last 24 month history as charged off every month. That's 24 months of COs!!

Not only that, they have the account listed as included in chapter seven bankruptcy. I have disputed this account and it came back verified. Is there something that can be done with this? This is killing my scores.

They don't hate you.. their actions are reflected upon business I'm sure.

If it is a charge off, it should be deleted.

I am not too familiar with BK's though so hopefully someone else can help you eradicate that for you.

"Charge off" is both an event...and a status. Once the CO event happens, the status says CO until the status changes. (If it gets CO'd in Jan, its status will be CO in Feb, Mar, Apr...until you pay it off in May. The status in Feb, Mar, and Apr will always be CO...the status in May becomes "paid".

Now, if they're reporting it as IIB BK7 and its reall IIB BK13, then you've got a legitimate FCRA claim against them for "reporting inaccurate data". Send them an "nice" letter to their legal department (CMRRR) pointing out their "mistake" and asking them to correct it or you'll have a conversation with your lawyer.