Question about disputing after you pay OC..

Goalie

I have a collection account listed on my CR by Credit Collection Services. I contacted the OC, Progressive Insurance, to arrange a PFD but they told me that once I pay the debt it will remain on my credit report as paid and will not be deleted.

Progressive is not listed on my credit report, only CCS, so if I pay Progressive directly and then dispute the CCS TL will it most likely be deleted or will they probably just update it as paid?

Has anyone had a similar situation with CCS?

If Credit Collection Services is the one listing it on your credit report, then they are the ones who would have to agree to the Pay-for-delete. CCS would have to agree in writing to delete it from your reports if you paid them.

The alternative way would be to just pay off Progressive and worry about getting it off your reports afterward without dealing with CCS at all.