charge off account, i need help!!!!

alexc1010

Hi, this is my first post here, i need help deleting a charge off from my credit report. I deleted a lot of TL on my CR but this one is challenge for experian wont removed this Charge off.

Bank Of America

Account charged off. $375 written off

Status Details:

This account is scheduled to continue on record until Apr 2010.

This item was verified and updated on Mar 2009.

Date Opened:

03/2003

Date of Status:

12/2003

Reported Since:

03/2003

Last Reported Date:

07/2006

Type:

Revolving

Terms:

N/A

Monthly Payment:

$0

Responsibility:

Individual

Credit Limit:

$500

High Balance:

$893

Recent Balance:

$0

Recent Payment:

$0

Creditor's Statement:

Purchased by another lender.

Account History:

Charge Off as of Jul 2006, Jan 2004, Dec 2003

150 days past due as of Nov 2003

120 days past due as of Oct 2003

90 days past due as of Sep 2003

60 days past due as of Aug 2003

30 days past due as of Jul 2003

Experian is the only CBA that is reporting that negative TL on my report, I need to removed ASAP, Can somebody tell me how can I removed this account completely from my credit report.. thanks for your help..

Hummm the best thing I can advise since it has been verifed, another dispute will only warrant a frivilous flag.

A good will letter to BOA asking for them to delete it is the best thing I can come up with.

Is there ANYTHING wrong with the way it is reporting?

Are all the dates correct?

Are the amounts reported correct?

Have you removed all old addresses?

Is this account tied to an old address?

If it is then it was verifed by association, which means the account had the same address as an old one on your file and therefore EX did not conact BOA and decided since the old address is still reporting to verifiy it, legal, uh uh, can you prove it, sure, send BOA a letter asking if they recieved a dispute from EX on this account within the time frame you sent your dispute to the CRA.

What this does is proves that EX did not properly dispute this account with the data furnisher, and that is a BIG NO NO and leaves you grounds for a suit against EX.

EX has had their hands slapped soooooooooooo many times for this that they will probably delete it right then and there when they get your letter proving that they didn't legally verifiy it.

Even if the JDB still owns it being from Dec 2003 or even Jan 04 depending on the OP SOL in their state the only thing the JDB can do is send a dunning letter at which point the OP can tell them to shove off due to it being past the SOL.

replying to cookie, thanks for answering my questions..

I havent checked my FAKO score yet, but i think a negative TL is making my CR looking bad.

EQ and TU already deleted this account and EX is giving me a hard time. i would like to remove the only negative TL that my CR has,

Yes, They are. All the dates are correct.

Yes, They are.

I havent removed old addresses yet, i would like to know how to do it. i just updated my previous and current address, this charge off was when I lived in FL, Now I live in NY.

I guess it is, because I havent deleted all my previous addresses, I tried to do it once and the CRA told me that CA gave my address to them and i have to call them in order to be removed.

replying to cookie, thanks for answering my questions..

I havent checked my FAKO score yet, but i think a negative TL is making my CR looking bad.

EQ and TU already deleted this account and EX is giving me a hard time. i would like to remove the only negative TL that my CR has,

Yes, They are. All the dates are correct.

Yes, They are.

I havent removed old addresses yet, i would like to know how to do it. i just updated my previous and current address, this charge off was when I lived in FL, Now I live in NY. Then do so now before doing anything else

I guess it is, because I havent deleted all my previous addresses, I tried to do it once and the CRA told me that CA gave my address to them and i have to call them in order to be removed.

Once the old addresses are removed dispute it again

What is the SOL for Credit cards in Florida as well as NY?

Although it is a neg account given the age it is having a minimal impact on your score. If you get it deleated you may only see a few points upward to 15pts.

Experian is just doing what Experian does best and that is being a PITA. One more option you have is to do a MOV request. Ask them to provide the name and address or phone number of the person verifying the account. Now they can't because they used E-Oscar and will likely ignore your request but will almost certainly result in a new investigation.

Although it is a neg account given the age it is having a minimal impact on your score. If you get it deleated you may only see a few points upward to 15pts.

Experian is just doing what Experian does best and that is being a PITA. One more option you have is to do a MOV request. Ask them to provide the name and address or phone number of the person verifying the account. Now they can't because they used E-Oscar and will likely ignore your request but will almost certainly result in a new investigation.

Actually it is a toss up, you may lose points because of the age but then again you may gain points because it is no longer reporting.

I am willing to bet you lose some though, BUT the good thing is in a month or two your score will go back up.

What have you done as far as the other part of credit repair?

Any new accounts?

Any CLI's?

Credit repair has more then one part to it.

For every baddie you remove replacing it with a goodie will even out the age factor and the thinness of your file after the baddies go.

I call it gardening, the baddies being the weeds and the new accounts as the seeds, you have to culitvate your garden, not just pull weeds because then all you are stuck with is holes in the dirt and empty spaces where pretty flowers should be.

We all want pretty gardesn don't we?

Oh and BTW there are no black thumbs in this kind of gardening LOL

you might try a very nice letter to exp stating that you have this disputed item that it scheduled to be deleted from your report in a matter of months, and you are respectfully requesting that they delete it now - it worked for me on a TU entry and am waiting to hear from Exp (Eq never reported it) - it has been awhile, so I am hopeful they will take it off too - sometimes you have to strike the humanity chord - if you hit the right balance of sympathetic and respect and are not railing at them or demanding something, you may hit a reasonable person - just a thought

REPLY TO COOKIE

thanks for answering again, As far as credit repair i have done a couple things, I already fix the old addresses I had with Experian, so i hope to remove the negative TL i have. Also, I added 3 new accounts

1. Orchard bank card, this one it's been opened since february 2009

2. First Premier Bank, they rip off with the fees but, they are reporting it at least every month, this account was opened in march 2009

3. My cousin added me AS A JOINT in his 15k BOA credit card, this happened like maybe 2 weeks ago, I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO THIS TL APPEARS ON MY CR??????

I bought the truecredit service from transunion this will help me to check my score and any alerts on my CR, just for $16

now my scores are

Transunion Experian Equifax

611 654 626

Created on: 05/20/2009 Created on: 05/20/2009 Created on: 05/20/2009

This scores were in 11/22/2008

Transunion Experian Equifax

503 622 620

and i removed 5 negative TL. :-)

I like truecredit it tell you everything how to improve ur credit score

Alex, here's where you can improve:

Not enough revolving debt experience. [TransUnion, Equifax] A healthy balance of credit and loan accounts is key to achieving a high credit score. It is important to build a record of responsible credit use over time with different types of accounts. Consider opening a new account to strengthen your credit report.

You have not had enough debt experience. [TransUnion, Equifax] A healthy balance of credit and loan accounts is key to achieving a high credit score. It is important to build a record of responsible credit use over time with different types of accounts. Consider opening a new account to strengthen your credit report.

There are not enough accounts in good standing on your credit report. [TransUnion, Experian, Equifax] Having credit available to you is a sign that you are able to manage your finances responsibly. Lenders like to see that consumers have a large amount of credit available to them, but not so much that they could spend more than they could afford to pay back. If you currently have multiple accounts open with high balances, try reducing your balances below 35 percent of your limits. If you do not have many open accounts, consider opening a new credit account or asking your creditors to increase your limits.

Your revolving account balances are too high in comparison with your credit limits. [Experian] Having credit available to you is a sign that you are able to manage your finances responsibly. Lenders like to see that consumers have a large amount of credit available to them, but not so much that they could spend more than they could afford to pay back. If you currently have multiple accounts open with high balances, try reducing your balances below 35 percent of your limits. If you do not have many open accounts, consider opening a new credit account or asking your creditors to increase your limits.

There are not enough mortgage accounts on your credit report. [Experian] A healthy balance of credit and loan accounts is key to achieving a high credit score. It is important to build a record of responsible credit use over time with different types of accounts. Consider opening a new account to strengthen your credit report.