Settlement with OC

Fury23

Hello!

If a OC such as a credit card company would like to settle for at least half of the balance owed, with communications over the phone, and when I ask if they can provide a written acceptance of the offer, but they say no. What should I do? Should I wait it out and keep asking for it? Should I trust the credit card company?

Thanks

I agree 1000% yes I meant the extra 0,

Send them a letter referencing your conversation and the agreement spoken about, if they send you in writting NO reiterate your offer to pay a little more IF they DELETE the account!

DO NOT SETTLE without them deleting it, having a CO marked settle for less will only open a new can of aorms as the OC CAN sell the rest of the debt to a JDB and your problems start all over again.

Does anybody have or know of any sample letters I can send to have them write the acceptance of the offer?

Dear so and so,

As per our conversation on such and such date, I was offered an amount to settle my debt, I am making an effort to correct my mistakes in the past, I really and truley loved being a customer of so and so and have always recieved the best customer service from your representitives, unfortunately there are things that have happend that were beyond my control (such as losing a job, becoming ill, divorce with children to care for PICK ONE).

I would like to accept your offer of $$$$$ in return for the complete deletion of the account from my reports. I know it was my fault the account went into default but now that I have been able to get my fiances back in order I would like to make my outstanding contract with your company good and fulfill my obligation to your company via your settlement offer.

I woldn't send those EXACT words but now you get the gist of a good will letter/settlement offer/PFD letter LOL