Authorized User Benefits?

turk7

I think it's pretty obvious that if you can have yourself added as an authorized user to an account with an excellent history it will benefit your score...

However, does anyone know if being added as an authorized user will result in a higher likelihood of obtaining credit with the creditor who is extending the credit?

I have someone who has agreed to add me as an authorized user on their AMEX account. Will this make it easier for me to get my own AMEX card?

Thanks for your imput

it helps as a possitive builder if the card holder has established long and good credit history. I did this for my kids after they turned 18 to establish credit for along time thats the only possitive mark they had today all 3 have more than what they need. so it helps but it would not happen just beacaus they add you. and also keep in mind that if they default it would also affect you negatably.