Settle for "Settled" on CR?

Sickofdebt

I am using the agreement to compromise debt template from this page. It says about requesting them to remove any negative remarks. It doesn't say clearly in there about what remarks should be made on the CR. The CA wants to put settled on the CR. Should I settle for this or add wording that I am requesting the account be shown as paid?

So I could simply use the sample letter as is requesting them to remove it completely? That seems unrealistic but I'll surely give it a shot.:wink:

Try it out; sometimes it does work..and if you are using a sample letter, try to make it as basic as possible. You don't have to go crazy with listing certain laws, regulations, etc (if it doesn't apply to the situation). Write what you want to say and make sure you send it certified mail.

I've had several removed completely.

I also 'negotiated' a 'paid collection.' before I knew better.

If its not a PFD, I personally, knowing now what I do, would NOT do it.

In your agreement use the words" with no refrence to late payment or chargeoffs".

Its debatable but if you call the CRA one very many times after letting them know, they are more willing to take off late payment &/or chargeoffs. its worked.

In your agreement use the words" with no refrence to late payment or chargeoffs".

Its debatable but if you call the CRA one very many times after letting them know, they are more willing to take off late payment &/or chargeoffs. its worked.

Well, the CA was NOT signing that agreement and is now continually calling us for our $$. It doesn't surprise me. I'm not sure what my next step is.