TL deleted from 2 out of 3 CRA's. Please help with the last

Jookycola

So my battle is almost done. I finally got Transunion and Equifax to delete the TL from this CA that was refusing to acknowledge the debt was paid.

But for some reason Experian refuses to delete it. instead they left the CA's negative TL on there and listed it as "Paid, closed". Not sure why they went that route, the CA doesn't own the debt. I mailed them proof of that. Should i fight it? Everyone else had no problem deleting it from their reports.

It may take some persistent effort, but you should be able to get the TL supressed from your Experian report. Check out the comprehensive information on the following page:

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/rebuild/debt_validation.shtml

And see especially the "illustration of the process" underneath the heading "The Debt Validation Strategy" (about halfway down the page). If you follow the steps on that chart then success should follow.

How far back should i go? Should i DV the CA?

Experian says they insvestigated it already and that the crditor has verified the facts. Experian says i have to talk with the CA to clear it up. Problem is the CA doesn't own the debt, the OC does...and that's who i paid. So technically the CA shouldn't be able to report it, let alone verify any facts right?