help 1 week to file answer in court

Hi Everyone,

I hope one of our experts can offer me some quick advice.

My question is two fold.

1- does a chapter 13 filing and then subsequent dismissal affect the time as far as th sol.

2- received a summons from a bottom feeder law firm in Nj Pressler and Pressler and they are suing for an amount that was originally owed to Providian for a cc debt.

This was before they became Washington Mutual

Providian and Washington Mutual don't even show a line on my credit report anymore and the only one that shows is the collection company in New Jersey New Century that bought the debt and has Pressler and Pressler suing.

Is this covered by SOL and any advice on how o answer the summons with the Superiot Court Of NJ Law Division Civil Part.

The amount is now 12,000. If only THE COUNTRIES MONEY RESERVES COULD GROW AS FASWT WE WOULDNT HAVE THE NATIONAL DEBT WE HAVE.

Thanks for the response I will research on site and answer. The date of DOFD was 4 months ago.

As I mentioned before the original acct with Providian was last paid any money roughly 7 to 8 years ago and neither Providian or Washington Miutual who took them over years ago show any entries anymore on my credit report

Thet were removed because they were too old to be listed by the credit Bureaus.

So it leads me to the same question isnt New Century trying to sue for a debt that is past the SOL and hoping for a default judment.

Your ideas are greatly appreciated