Question

mathis9394

Good Morning!

I have a quick question that hopefully someone might have the answer too..we have an overdrawn Wachovia account that was placed in collections about 2 months ago, the CA is RJM who referred the account to another CA called FirstSource Advantage. Firstsource sent us a settlement letter but it didnt reflect a recent payment to the OC we had made so we called to make sure it was credited and it was, my DH asked if we could get a updated settlement letter with the new balance/offer, at first the rep was like ok and then all of the sudden a supervisor comes on and things are going ok and he was like oh yeah..blah blah, that was until he wanted a payment/check over the phone. DH refused saying once we got the letter we would overnight the payment and it would be taken care of. The supervisor then got somewhat nasty and refused to listen to anything we had to say and refused to send an updated letter unless we agreed to do it over the phone. We still said sorry but we don't it that way..I make sure its a certified check and someone has to sign for it. My question is can they really refuse to send a updated letter? We know this is our debt and we want to take care of it, but I will not give out my information to a CA. Thanks for your advice and sorry if I babbled on. Enjoy the day!

This kind of happend to me but with Tri Ad Financial. I tried to pay a past due on a van loan to stop a repo process. When I asked them to fax or mail me the terms of the verbal agreement they told me that I was making an unreasonable request. They wanted a debit card payment. They then told me to tell the repo man that I spoke with them and that the repo man would just walk away. Of corse I didn't pay and shortly after they took the van. They then called and told me that I owed an outrageous amount of money on a van that I had already paid for twice over. When I asked them for my payment history, the paperwork for the sale of the van and how they came up with the numbers they told me that they don't have access to this information. This is the recovery dept for Tri Ad Financial not a 3rd party. So now I have a $4,903 charge off on my credit that I only had 8 months left to pay on. I did not get any notice in the mail as to when, where, or how they would sell the van. The mortgage guy says I have to pay this to get a loan because it is from 07-08. I tried to pay what was due and they didn't want to give me anything in writing about stopping the process. How do I get this resolved. I am new here and the terms that are used are like a foreign language to me. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. Thanks. I also have some medical bills on my credit that I wanted to pay off but my mortgage guy said that Tri Ad is my hold up and that once I deal with them score will jump at least 100 points.