How many dispute letters are ok at one time?

kennedyrain

I am just beginning. I have all the letters for me and my husband written and it runs 3-4 per agency, going by what is affecting my credit the most. Should I send only one or two in the beginning?

Will I be able to get my credit up to buy a house before December in any stretch of the imagination? I currently have 536, 543, and 585. My husband is all from 570-590. My issues are late payments (newest ones are november 2008), old collections (I have three, all are paid), and one recent collection which happened under my radar when I moved...I was trying to clean up my credit so I never would have let it go!!!!! Any advice?

Thanks! I was worried that it would seem "frivilous" and they wouldn't respond...

No you WANT this LOL let them rack up violations.

One piece of advice, stay away from the NOT MINE.

Instead, drive them nuts per tradeline.

Include them all in ONE letter to each CRA.

Pick apart the tradeline with things you can possibly find wrong with it.

if you come up with 7 things you find wrong tell them IN ONE LETTER.

Why, Make them work for their money, they are on a time limit and can only spend so much time on ONE letter. The more you add to it the more likely they will delete it because if they sit there an decifer the entire letter they could be there for 20-30 minutes per tradeline, they lose their little productivity bonus ;(

Unfortunately I have been a terrible record keeper through the years while racking up debt and back in school and having an income that would make most homeless people snicker, I avoided the issues knowing I couldn't pay. there were there or four credit cards I was up to 120 days late on and I haven't the first bill to look at. Since May 2007 I have had a steady, decent income employment (was employed two days after graduation) and have come to take my credit very seriously, now all my bills are paid automatically. My credit score is still ridiculously low due to past negatives, mostly in early 2008 and 2007. If I dont know how much the bills were supposed to be or the dates, what is my next option?

Your timetable depends greatly on how much each company wants to cooperate. After my first dispute with the CRAs, many of my old errors dropped. However, there were holdouts that I struggled for ages to get rid of. And every action takes time between letters.

I had similar scores to your current ones back in the Fall of 2007. I had a bunch of really old stuff that just needed cleaning up. I finally got the crap off my CRs and paid down my existing CC. Then I had to negotiate a couple of old debts (even got a PFD out of one of them).

All this work bumped my score up to 600-605, but from there it wouldn't budge. By then, I had lost the house I wanted to buy and moved into a townhouse. My battle with my CR was on backburner for a bit.

Then my car died in December 2008 and I was forced to finance a new one. I really didn't want that because it meant letting my bank run a credit on me, and it was another monthly payment that would go against how much I could borrow on a house. In the end, I had no choice.

Having done nothing else, my credit score went from 605 in December to the Mid-upper 600s in March and I became a first time homeowner in April 2009!

Just keep reading this site and stick with it. Good luck!