Back Taxes DCS Inc

wahoo238

My MIL got a call last night from DSC Inc claiming she owed over 2K for back taxes from 1999 for VA. She said they gave her until next Friday to resolve before a "speacial hearing" was conviened to garnish her wages, I call CA BS on the hearing part. All I have been able to come up with on DCS is they are ruthless and just shy of the Mob but not much else. From what I found 6yrs is SOL but doubt the reliability of the info, does any one know for sure? During that period of 99 she only made $400 a month seems there would be no tax liability for that income level. Any insight greatly apreciated.

Have her contact the VA Tax Department to verify that she in fact owes taxes. If all she made in 1999 was $400 per month I agree, she should have had little iof any VA tax liability, as she would have qualified for two VA Tax Credits that should have eliminated her tax liability