Got served today, pelase help.

Got served today, being sued by a JDB in Nevada for an old hospital bill totaling about 5,000. This account has been through several agencies up to this point, all of which have been unable to verify this as my debt when requested, and recently this CA has been trying to get me to pay.

They called my work several times, threatening to garnish my wages, even after I told they they cannot do that without a judgment.

I sent them a DV CMRR back in March, and they never responded. Also, they were not able to verify this account and it came off the credit reports.

And as far as I can tell, this account is past the SOL.

The papers were filed with the justice court

Both me and my wife are named and being sued, alleging services to us both from the hospital, even though we didn't even know one another back in 2003.

The summons does not specify any dates when I am supposed to appear or anything.

I am worried, I want to be able to defend this properly. I have 20 days to submit an answer. Should I hire an attorney?

I have 20 days to submit an answer

That is 20 days from the date of service.

Should I hire an attorney?

Only you can make that decision. If you are concerned that you won't be able to defend yourself then hire an attorney. Are you in Washoe county?

I read your other posts; it appears you think the SOL has expired. If that's the case, you should be able to defeat this easily, even on your own. But you need to file your Answer properly.

If you don't think you can do that, I suggest using www.naca.net to find a lawyer in your area. Many will listen to your story and give a little advice for free in your initial phone call. It sounds like they may have committed some violations which you can countersue for, if you have proof. That may make an attorney happy to take your case.

Good luck.

DH