Is their a list somewhere of CC Co's that do not do hard pulls for CLI requests ?

I have done a search and can't find anything on this subject but I have a few CC's that I would like to increase the CL's but do not want hard pulls. Do most CC Co's not do hard pulls ? Thanks and advice is appreciated :)

Sam's Club and Texaco/Chevron (both GE Money Bank) decide in about 1 second whether to give you a CLI, and I believe that is not even enough time to do a hard pull. In other words, I think they go by their own internal criteria, like how long you have had the account, what your payment history is like, etc. I have gotten numerous CLIs from them by pressing the button requesting one.

Dexter is right.

I've never had any of the following do hard pulls for CLI:

Target

Eddie Bauer

Abercombie Fitch

GAP

OLD NAVY

JCP

SAMS CLUB

SAMS DISCOVER

TALBOTS

HOOTERS

My other cards don't allow consumer initiaed requests so I can't say if they do or don't...So in sum, I've never seen/heard of a hard pull for a CLI.

I am almost certain that all requests for a CLI are going to be keyed in as an "account review" and will therefore show as a soft pull. The exception would be if you had to open a different account with the same lender because you hit a limit ceiling with your current account. This happened with me on a Cap1 card.

Any time that I have called my creditors, they always say "We review your account periodically to decide to give the account a credit line increase."

...so whatever that means to them, but I have to receive CLI for many of my creditors. :\

• 3 months later...

This is what I get when I start to ask for a CLI on my HSBC Best Buy CC and my HSBC Platinum CC

"In order to process this credit limit increase request, we MAY obtain a current copy of your credit report. To authorize this request, click the "Submit" button below. " You see I guess there are no guarantees on not having your CR pulled. I just hate to do this cause I just got an inquiry on My EQ and it lowered it 8 points. My EQ score has jumped almost 20 points here recently and I haven't done anything to boost that jump so I would hate to mess that up :(