why not dispute online?

moonwife

I've seen all over here "don't do disputes online" and I'm just wondering why?

I give ... why not dispute online.

Unless you're trying to manufacture a cause of action against the data furnisher, who cares. Even then, FDCA claims are very hard to enforce. IMO, dispute away.

It's because, compared to CMRRR, you don't have the same level of proof that you disputed such-and-such TL on a particular date. You just have to take their word that the dispute was accepted and processed.

The only time that would really matter though is if you sued a CRA over a FCRA violation (primarily a violation by them not responding to a dispute within 30 days). But I tend to agree with nascar on that front; you're really over-reaching if you get to that point. I've seen posts from people who want to sue because the CRA took 33 days to get back to them (seriously). There are other, more effective ways to get what you want.

I did dispute online to begin with. Because I didn't know any different at the time. But it still worked out, about half of the negative accounts dropped doing that. I used debt validation and disputing things CMRRR with the more recalcitrant ones.

IMHO disputing online is a good place to start.

in my recent experience, with Eq primarily, they have responded to the online disputes within TWO days, all as verified - when I send a letter, it takes longer, but I generally see some results - I wrote for their method of verification after receiving the first two disputes back in two days (incl a weekend!) - I don't think they do much of anything with the online stuff - try to clear it out faster.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Moonwife,

That's great you had those things removed... what exactly were they???

This is my very first post on this site. :)

Thanks guys.

I disputed my EQ stuff with a letter and and got 6 deletions. I'm doing my first round of disputes with EX and TU online, I'll update with how those turn out. :)

The reasons I have seen on other websites,

1. Can't explain whole situation, explain why you dispute it

2. Can't furnish documents to support claim

3. Can't get name of person handeling your dispute (huh what the...)

4. No paper trail

5. Online disputes get coded as friv. More than letters (how could anyone know that?)

I don't know that any of these are valid, I mean in away you get a papertrail with email too. Just do a print screen.

And with efax you could have documentation on computer and cnp it to online disputes

The only problem is deciding which box to check for reason of dispute.

If you only knew, what kind of mess the whole credit scoring/reporting system is in our country... So do not approach your problem from scientifically point of view

( unless you are running credit repair company business).

Look for a legal, but less time consuming solutions. Try it, if it doesn't work move to a different path.

I think a lot of what goes on in the cras isn't any different if its sent by mail, fax, phone or email, its the same underpaid get it done in 4 mins or less people. Its not like the email department is more or less competent than the fax department right?

I would think the ones that get the desired affect are the disputes in which there is no thinking left to the person at the cra.

The less work they have to do the better off they are, make it less work to erase the entry.

I disputed all my negatives online and had excellent success. It was fast and efficient. I found no negatives to disputing online. I wasted a lot of time and money by writing letters. Try it and see how it works for you.