Combine motions or use separate?

There has been no response of any kind from plaintiff debt collector since they filed suit, and they have not initiated any kind of activity either. I've filed answer, cross complaint, discovery requests, sent reminder letters, but they have done nothing. So a couple questions;

1. Planning to file a motion to strike against their complaint and a summary judgement request on my crosscomplaint -- is that the appropriate\best move for me at this time or would you all recommend other, additional, different, etc. course of action?

2. Or should I continue with a motion to compel discovery and gather more opportunities for them to not reply?

3. If I do file the above #1, should they all be in a single motion, or file a separate strike motion and a separate SJ motion?

Thanks in advance

You may be able to file a motion for default against them. From your post it sounds like they failed to answer your cross-complaint. Check your states rules of procedure.

I have filed motions separately and together. Call the court and ask the judicial assistant if the judge has a preferred method.

There has been no response of any kind from plaintiff debt collector since they filed suit, and they have not initiated any kind of activity either. I've filed answer, cross complaint, discovery requests, sent reminder letters, but they have done nothing. So a couple questions;

1. Planning to file a motion to strike against their complaint and a summary judgement request on my crosscomplaint -- is that the appropriate\best move for me at this time or would you all recommend other, additional, different, etc. course of action?

2. Or should I continue with a motion to compel discovery and gather more opportunities for them to not reply?

3. If I do file the above #1, should they all be in a single motion, or file a separate strike motion and a separate SJ motion?

Thanks in advance

check and see how long discovery is allowed,this could be up to 90 days or more, you shouldnt file a compel or dismissal until your sure the time "limits" are up, or they can cross complain/sanction , against you, try Calling the atty, be polite and ask, do you know when you will be providing me the documents I requested, Nothing else! you will then be able to show/ say that you tried, your court rules will /may have something saying that you must try to contact councel to resovle before you involve the court in motions