Another Answer to a dv letter

Creditors Interchange just answered my DV letter by sending me all the statements of the account for since 03/08. The cover letter names the the OC and their NY lic. #.

I am employed but have had to take drastic pay cuts (auto industry) and cannot afford to pay them now.

I know they can send you anything and call it validation but this leaves alot to be desired. The original oc is Chase. Can anyone point me in the next direction to take. Should I send another letter asking for clarification? And what should the letter say? I have sent out about 6 dv's and 1 got dropped,

haven't heard from 3 and 2 have sent me bogus answers.

What do you need clarified? Is it your account? Is the amount correct? Do you believe you made a payment that didn't post? If you have specific questions, then send a second letter asking them, or stating why you dispute.

A DV is merely to get you enough information to determine if it is your debt, it is a valid debt, and whether they are reporting correctly.

Over a year of statements is pretty good validation, in my opinion. They have a lot of paper trail to back up their view of the issue.

Now, the DV process can buy you some time, but only so much. If it is your debt, and it is a valid debt, you'll need to decide how to move forward. If you can't pay, then consider some kind of hardship letter and renegotiation for example, or BK, or whatever makes sense for you.

• 3 weeks later...

Today I recieved a letter from Zwicker and Associates. This is the same account as the one from Creditors Interchange. So do I ask them for dv too?

It sounds like they are some kind of law firm that has lawyers in my state. Sounds like they are setting up to sue me. I am just a little bit confused on who to try and settle with as they both say I should pay them. The original creditor was Chase. I really dont have the funds to pay either right now. I am probably going to file bk 7. Funny thing is I also owe Chase on another account that is 10 times higher and haven't heard a word on that one that hasn't been paid for about a year now. Any suggestions on delaying them?

Sorry I am new to this.

Creditors Interchange is known for falsifying documents. Look the statements over carefully & check all of the dates to make sure they are within the time frame you had the account. Also check to make sure that payments & charges are correct. And I would also DV Zwicker asap - this is a usual scare tactic for CI - they're part of the Sherman group & we all know the sewer they come from!

Search these boards for both CI & Zwicker as well as DVing!