Is this true?1986 Law-once Creditor hires Collectoin Agency to manage Clients account

didiscreditissues

Is this true=1986 Law passed by FDCPA-once Creditor hires Collection Agency to manage Clients closed past due account, Creditor can no longer talk with Client about this account at all?(Unless it is the Client's Attorney).For example; US Cellular hires AMO Recoveries to manage a past due, closed, account, and you want to find out information about your account, like your contract date or what are certain charges, etc...

:: :)

Likely just the "policy" of the creditor. I've heard that line many times before. They just wanted to get off the phone with me as the longer I stayed on the phone with them the less profitable their employee was.

"The 12 Things The Consumer Wants The Collection Company and Creditor To Know"- 1. Get a life, working at a dead-end job as a collector, go to school, become a Professional like the rest of us! 2. Go F _ _ _ yourself! (ok, now that I have my anger out of the way) 3.Treat people like humans and not like they are something you scraped off the bottom of your shoe! 4. You have no idea what a person has gone through until you walk in their shoes. 5. Karma, what comes around goes around, if not in this life time then another, but guaranteed you will feel the pain that you do onto others! xdeadhorsex 6. Have some compassion, you would make a lot more money treating people with some respect! 7. You think anyone is going to give up their hard earned money and give it to you, no way! Not one of them after the way you treat them! :twisted: 8. I don't know how any of you sleep at night, oh yea, drugs and alcohol. 9. Quit calling!! 10. Have a heart, you will need it when you need help one day and realize there is no one there for you because you were such a s*h*i*t* to people! 11. Love yourself 12. Life is full of lessons, there is no other reason your are here on this planet, it is learning to love everything and everyone! xsqueezex 12 1/2. Use your real name, what are you afraid of, one of us coming after you and .........You really think we would want to waste our valuable time and energy on any of you? Not. You know our real name-gives us your real name! Pitiful I tell ya, Just pitiful!

I can't believe these guys. I did the debt validation with the collection agency(amo recoveries),they refused to sign my contract, saying it was illegal, would not give me the code number under this law they stated, would not give me the supervisor's name and told me this call is ended and hung up on me. I then called the original creditor(us cellular) and they told me it was the 1986 law that they could not talk with me after hiring the collection agency. WOW, I CAN'T BELIEVE THESE COMPANIES ARE FULL OF LIES!! All I wanted to do was pay the full balance, including the collection agency fee, and have them take their, the collection agency, name off my credit report. They totally refused, hung up on me and the original creditor also hung up on me! What do these people think we are! Just because we did not pay a bill, which I am not saying is OK, they treat us like dog crap! Really, they are both treating me like some criminal, but when I had an account with them they sure as heck would not treat me like this. Come on people, we are human, we have feelings, is money that important to where you treat your fellow man like this. Work with me, with us! They must read these forums, you know they are on here checking what the consumer is up to next. So if any of you collection agencies, collectors or creditors are reading any of this I want to tell you to read my little 12 1/2 things us consumers want you to know, see the thread before this one, if you did not already read it and if you did, read it again and again and again....

Didi-

Obviously this isn't getting their attention. File a complaint with your Attorney General and it will go to someone higher up the company. Ususally these people actually care about resolving issues and will work with you. They may even just take it off your report once they receive the complaint because then they see you are serious.

Even a BBB complaint will go to someone higher up than just calling.

It is very rare that anyone gets anywhere with those who are answering the phones. They don't have the power to do a thing.

Good Luck!