tqlewin

Equifax no longer investigates inquires!!?

I just thought I would let everyone know that Equifax won't investigate your disputes regarding inquires.

I noticed that every time I disputed an inquiry (Hard pulls) the results would come back within day w/a statement saying "Inquires are a statement of fact...." the problem is the reason I’m disputing it is because it's not fact. I called Equifax yesterday and the representative told me that they don't investigate inquires because inquires fall off, I spoke to her supervisor and was told the same thing. The supervisor suggested that I put a credit freeze on my account to prevent inquires. This is the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard of.

Has anyone else experienced this or were they being asses?

I just thought I would let everyone know that Equifax won't investigate your disputes regarding inquires.

I noticed that every time I disputed an inquiry (Hard pulls) the results would come back within day w/a statement saying "Inquires are a statement of fact...." the problem is the reason I’m disputing it is because it's not fact. I called Equifax yesterday and the representative told me that they don't investigate inquires because inquires fall off, I spoke to her supervisor and was told the same thing. The supervisor suggested that I put a credit freeze on my account to prevent inquires. This is the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard of.

Has anyone else experienced this or were they being asses?

They aren't supposed to investigate inquiries. Inquiries are supposed to be listed each time your credit file is disclosed, even if it were disclosed in a fraudulent manner.