tsegnit

...let the bad times roll...

Long story short...

1) I am self employed + bad economy = little work / income

2) Almost cashed in my chips last June / pulmonary embolus (blood clot) in lung. Did not work for most of last year.

3) January '09 / had reconstructive surgery on right shoulder. Now at approximately 70% of use. Full year before total recovery (left shoulder is next)

4) burned through any monies; wife is carrying full burden

5) in pre-foreclosure

6) CC have doubled interest / have not been late - to date

Question is: should I let the CC's go late, get professional help? There is a book on this site that says it will give you the inside track on settling debts; any good?

Not to sound like a drama queen, but sometimes I wish the ambulance didn't get to me on time.............. Thanks

you could try the CC hardship program, you should have more than enough infomation for them to "qualify" you due to a medical emergency. did they explain why they raised your rates? you may have to walk away and hope they wont sue.

I would worry about the home, talk to your lender and see what can be done, could you re-fi? can they add to the end of the loan? and let you keep the home? read your loan papers, it may have a "forebearance due to medical "

do you have any "extras" you can do without? a extra car you could sell.a cable TV package you could "down size" ,A cell plan you can cut down?

BK? is that a option for you? it would stop the pre-foreclosure ,, please at least talk to a atty about your options,asap time right now is whats important, to save your home you need to act now..

you could try the CC hardship program, you should have more than enough infomation for them to "qualify" you due to a medical emergency. did they explain why they raised your rates? you may have to walk away and hope they wont sue.

I would worry about the home, talk to your lender and see what can be done, could you re-fi? can they add to the end of the loan? and let you keep the home? read your loan papers, it may have a "forebearance due to medical "

do you have any "extras" you can do without? a extra car you could sell.a cable TV package you could "down size" ,A cell plan you can cut down?

BK? is that a option for you? it would stop the pre-foreclosure ,, please at least talk to a atty about your options,asap time right now is whats important, to save your home you need to act now..

This is great advice! Do not do the same mistake i did and wait tooo long. Its all about reading and timing. Lots of helpful info on this site. Going to take time to find what you need. Role with the punches and put the money your not spending aside and create a contingency fund.

Don't call it an emergency fund because guess what happens, you get an emergency.

Question is: should I let the CC's go late, get professional help? There is a book on this site that says it will give you the inside track on settling debts; any good?

Be careful of the "Google" ads you might see here. We have no way of verifying what they're selling.

As a general rule, "the inside track on settling debts", could be a scam.