ditaloca

im freaked out a little transunion selling litagation info to subscribers?

To my knowledge, the records they look up and sell are "Public Records". If I'm wrong, someone please speak up.

With that being the case, CA and JDB alike can spend a little to save a lot. Why use normal methods (harassment, ect...) against someone known ot be sue-happy?

It's been long known that the collections industry prey on the weak and uninformed.

I have heard of this before yes, and I am happy about it personally. Ever since I sued Brachfeld & Assoc. two years ago and settled out of court, my CR has been pretty clean.

Sure my one bad record is still being reported, but there has not been 1 CA harassing me or my family since then. There have not been any pulls made by a CA or the JDB that allegedly owns the debt.

I've actually been wanting them to start the harassment back up, I've been bored lately. :twisted:

And lastly, Transunion isn't the only company that offers this service. A lot of them have sprung up.

StressPot xdancex

http://www.fdcpacases.org/page/page/4545105.htm

This service is being offered by transunion. Is this legal ?

Why would anyone need to scrub collection floors of these accounts?

This freaks me out a little.

I would really like to know if anyone has heard of this before.

Yes. There is a current law suit I understand where the furnisher claims not to be reporting credit information. Which is kind of strange when you read their marketing blurb. :rolleyes:

Those pesky laws concerning CRA's make life so awkward don't they?

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/127/RipOff0127647.htm#166749

Then I found this.

I would think transunion should be more concerned about hacking than consumers forcing them to be honest.

I just feel like anyone who would need this sort of service and would need the collection floor scrubbed should be investigated by ftc. To me the way its being marketed is saying hey some consumers know their rights and you can't break the law when you deal with them, so be careful. If you are reporting accurate info, if the credit bureau is doing the job it says it does then why would this sort of service be needed?

Also it insinuates that you could use the info against a consumer if litigation happened again?

Can that really be done? Legally?

Its noones business who I've sued or who I've settled with in the past... how could that get admitted into court?

If it can be admitted then everytime a company is sued and judgement is found against them could I admit that into evidence?

Seriously maybe I was naive maybe idealistic but how is nothing being done at legislative levels, if the bases for the cra and fico scores is to determine your credit worthiness yet 80% of info is inaccurate and websites selling this sort of info are being sold by cras how is this possible?

This is interesting. I love these two statements:

Reduce Your Exposure To Predatory FDCPA Litigation Today
[emphasis added]

"Predatory FDCPS Litigation?" How about the CAs reducing their predatory collection practices? I mean seriously, unless you're StressPot, who goes trolling for CAs to sue? ;) Suing a CA is typically a response to them dredging up old debts that have been settled, closed or are beyond SOL or because the CA breaks the law when attempting to collect a valid debt. How about following the damn law?

In 2008, 5383 cases were filed against collection agencies in U.S. District Court for alleged violations of the FDCPA. This represents 41% increase in FDCPA litigation in 2008 in Federal Court over 2007 case volumes. 2009 case totals are anticipated to exceed 7000 for the year.

Could it be that more consumers are learning about their rights and fighting back?

Hey, I consider this a positive. They are using this as a "scrub list" meaning (to me, at least) that if you're on this list, the collection agency won't bother with you.

Hey, I consider this a positive. They are using this as a "scrub list" meaning (to me, at least) that if you're on this list, the collection agency won't bother with you.

And the flip side of that argument is that by acting as a de facto CRA then they are potentially making that information part of the decision making process for a credit grantor. Refusal of credit on the basis of a person has a history of enforcing their rights against creditors or collection agencies is a dangerous slope.

The information is publicly available already, however so far as I am aware it is not collated in the manner they are attempting to do which makes it much easier to be "score modelled"

I am not so sure that is in fact the intention of the originator at all, however, we all know that any idea is subject to "development and improvement".

Yeah like consumers sit and monitor/stalk all communications with debt collectors and lick our lips with glee when they do something illegal, and pounce with litigation.

WTH

THERE'S NOTHING PREDATORY ABOUT ENFORCING THE LAW! Is it predatory for a cop to arrest you when you openly break the law? Or how about a situation more similar to that of a consumer debt collector scenerio. Is it predatory if a cop is minding his own business and you decide to approach him, engaged him in coversation and during the conversation which you initiated you decide to start smoking crack and shoot up some herion. You initiated the contact, you openly violated the law, now the cops arrest you, we can't arrest you so we sue, nothing is predatory in that.

There's nothing predatory about knowing and enforcing your rights within any and all legal means.

There's nothing predatory in responding to jdbs demands with enforcement and invokement of law given rights.

What's predatory is...

MCM and the like advertising openly about predatory ways:

Encore Capital Group, Inc. is committed to finding innovative ways of providing economic value to credit originators, consumer debtors, and our shareholders. We continue to refine our collection processes and evaluate new collection strategies to supplement the traditional call center approach.

We believe in an innovative technology-based approach to collections in which analysis is performed at the account level. We base our purchase decisions primarily on our analysi of the specific accounts included in a portfolio utilizing a robust database of consumer information gathered from approximately 7.0 million accounts.

So basically this JDB s advertises we stalk/monitor your credit report and jump at any sign of weakness, they are willing and will often hold your credit report hostage and extort exorbatent amounts for ransom...

And the flip side of that argument is that by acting as a de facto CRA then they are potentially making that information part of the decision making process for a credit grantor. Refusal of credit on the basis of a person has a history of enforcing their rights against creditors or collection agencies is a dangerous slope.

I am not so sure that is in fact the intention of the originator at all, however, we all know that any idea is subject to "development and improvement".

Since these guys only do FDCPA law, I think they are only giving this information to collection agencies, who do not issue credit.

It makes me feel as if they are calling me scum or filth, they need to clean there floor of me.

Psst.

And I always thought bottom feeders ate me (scum) for breakfast.

Transunion owns and runs this service.

What I want to know is

"Additionally, this subscription wil have a higher propensity for litigation.**Additionally, this subscription wil help provide greater insight into the*law firm representing the consumer Information like active FDCPA*case volumes, filing habits, case structure, and Counsel* in the litigation process"

What are they going to monitor, couldn't this potentially be interferance with an attorney client relationship?

Edited by ditaloca

Dita, you really need to look at dates on things like this. This report is quite old!

As for the scrub list, it seems to be operated by FDCPA Case Listing Service LLC, according to the website. What makes you feel that Transunion operates it?

Hello yes its old that doesn't in anyway negate the fact that people were artificially changing their score and doing it with relative ease.

Did you remember hearing anything about new proceedures being taken to secure credit reports?

We all heard about the authorized user scandal and fall out, the reaction of cras and plan of action to thwart it.

This I have not heard about being addressed other than FBI investigation.

Also

FDCPA Case Listing Service LLC I mispoke transunion runs/owns software and uses the service

http://www.statesboro.biz/News/356/TransUnion-To-Screw-Consumers-and-Help-Debt-Collector-Litigation.aspx

http://news.corporate.findlaw.com/prnewswire/20090622/22jun20090607.html

http://www.cnbc.com/id/31483912

http://www.creditcollectionsworld.com/article.html?id=20090622MOC795WH&from=newsfromtheindustry

TU "announced that it will utilize data from FDCPA Case Listing Service LLC to provide an added feature for batch records delivered via TransUnion’s Collections Prioritization Engine.The new service is named FDCPA Case Search and allows TransUnion to alert collectors about accounts that may have previously been accounts that may have previously been involved in litigation involving the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act to assist collectors in determining strategy. Collection Practices Act to assist “Consumer lawsuits against collection agencies have become more prevalent and they can prove to be costly for debt buyers and first- and third-party collectors,” Scott Carter, group vice president of TransUnion’s collections vertical said in a news release. “With an annual subscription to TransUnion’s FDCPA services TransUnion’s FDCPA service collectors can utilize the solution for a cost- effective means to help handle debtor accounts that may have potential to result in a legal that may have potential to result in a legal action.”

"This is a great day for agencies, debt buyers, and creditor rights law many companies have approached us looking for a completely integrated solution to accompany their current work flow strategy. Our product is a perfect complement to TransUnion's Collection Prioritization Engine which is why we've partnered with them. Given the increases in placement volumes, the ability for agencies, debt buyers, and creditor placement volumes, the ability for agencies, debt buyers, and creditor rights attorneys to accurately and systemically identify these accounts is critical."

That's how I know.

Edited by ditaloca
seriously...

It makes me feel as if they are calling me scum or filth, they need to clean there floor of me.

Psst.

And I always thought bottom feeders ate me (scum) for breakfast.

I think the opposite - I think they are saying "hey, these guys are likely to outsmart you, you should avoid them."

Hmmm I guess so but, how can I ever become the scary litigious old lady if they thwart my efforts right from the start.

I don't want to be the old scary "cat" lady.

I want to be the old scary "lawsuit" lady.

I feel that by possibly hindering me at this stage of the game they are infringing on my civil liberties, pursuit of happiness and all. Grrrr transunion.

( this is of course sarcasm )

I mean seriously, unless you're StressPot, who goes trolling for CAs to sue?

In my defense, I held a law-breaking collections attorney accountable for her actions. Research Brachfeld, you'll see how sweet and innocent she is.

I have settled with reputable CA's in the past. They do exist and they aren't listed on Budd Hibbs or talked about in this forum because they don't break the law.

I don't necessarily go looking for a fight but I won't wait to be backed into a corner either.

I will always advocate to pay bills on time and only take on what you can handle. I'd have settled this last debt, but LVNV are abusers and they kept screwing it up til I fought back. It's nice to see the bad ones held accountable.

I agree with Admin 110% and this was the gist of my response to the OP.

StressPot :)++

Edited by StressPot
Edited for Grammer / Spelling

In my defense, I held a law-breaking collections attorney accountable for her actions. Research Brachfeld, you'll see how sweet and innocent she is.

I have settled with reputable CA's in the past. They do exist and they aren't listed on Budd Hibbs or talked about in this forum because they don't break the law.

I don't necessarily go looking for a fight but I won't wait to be backed into a corner either.

I will always advocate to pay bills on time and only take on what you can handle. I'd settle this last debt, but LVNV are abusers and they kept screwing it up til I fought back.

On a last note, I don't want to sound like an extremist. It's nice to see the bad ones accountable.

I agree with Admin 110% and this was the gist of my response to the OP.

StressPot :)++

You troll CA's to sue them? Please tell me you are female if so I may be in love :lol:

Why is invoking and enforcing your rights to your full extent seen as sue happy, I think holding people accountable isn't in anyway as extreme as the tatics jdb's use on a daily basis. Stresspot I say sue away, hey and if transunion will eventually become your b!*#H and will do whatever you say for fear of your litigious ways.

I was hoping you would come on here and say that you just randomly called up jdbs and as soon as they messed up you sued them, that you were a millionaire, flash a picture of a leer jet that had spinner rims and then a picture of a small island and inform us that these various collection agencies bought them for you....:-(

I'm glad to hear you pay your bills on time though!

Sorry, StressPot, I was trying to inject a little humor. You said:

I've actually been wanting them to start the harassment back up, I've been bored lately.:twisted:

I was just teasing a little. :roll: