admin

Gov Stanford.

I'm sorry, but the South Carolina governor is the biggest goombah ever.

Gov. Sanford may be unfaithful to his wife, but he's one of the good guys looking out for taxpayers and those who object to a federal gov't run amock. He's one of the few who seems to have a good grasp on the dangers of what's happening.

I hope he doesn't let his family "affairs" bleed into his politics. :cool:

is he the dude who went to Argentina over the weekend to "break up with" his Argentinian girlfriend?

lol

Also, I wonder if he used taxpayer money for either his plane ticket or for his private jet...?

It hasn't been determined if he used tax payers money - however, he did fly commercially.

http://www.thestate.com/politics/story/838823.html

His wife's response:

http://www.thestate.com/sanford/story/839461.html

Stephen Colbert had the best line about Sanford....(after calling him boring)

"Governor, you are a vanilla envelope glued to a beige wall."

Looks like Sanford has been trying to prove he's capable of "excitement".

Edited by trueq

IDIOT
Agree 100%. Sitting on top of the world. Prestigious job. Great family. A rising national political star. Then he goes off the deep end.

Further proof that political power is the ultimate intoxicant. :evil:

Political hit, IMO. Politicians do this (and much worse) all the time, but the ones that get "exposed" have usually PO'd somebody or gotten too close to something. Not making excuses for him, by any means, but this kind of stuff is usually covered up.

Political hit, IMO. Politicians do this (and much worse) all the time, but the ones that get "exposed" have usually PO'd somebody or gotten too close to something. Not making excuses for him, by any means, but this kind of stuff is usually covered up.

I can see where you're coming from, but this was a case of "How stupid can I be at covering my tracks?"

When your STAFF can't come up with a convincing lie why you are not with your family on their annual vacation, that's bad.

But when your WIFE says to the media that she HONESTLY has no idea where you are, then that's when reporters KNOW there's blood in the water.

I can see where you're coming from, but this was a case of "How stupid can I be at covering my tracks?"

When your STAFF can't come up with a convincing lie why you are not with your family on their annual vacation, that's bad.

But when your WIFE says to the media that she HONESTLY has no idea where you are, then that's when reporters KNOW there's blood in the water.

I take that as an indication that he's being fed to the sharks on purpose. He's not stupid.

The QB ain't squat when the line decides to teach him some humility by lying down.

I take that as an indication that he's being fed to the sharks on purpose. He's not stupid.

The QB ain't squat when the line decides to teach him some humility by lying down.

Sorry guys I'm hardcore,but i will tell you when his girlfriend opened her door he would be hanging on it by his A**H**E.Hands tied behind his back with his penis in his ear.No excuse for that.I don't care how taxpayer loyal he is.Course that means he can run for Senator on that basis,lol:twisted::twisted:

I'm not sure what to make of the last post (is this double speak??), but this guy left the state for a week without telling anyone. Time for him to step down. That's irresponsible. And he's lost all credibility after the emails. They are great though!

Political hit job or not, what a fool to allow himself to be put into this position. That's all I can say.

I'm not sure what to make of the last post (is this double speak??), but this guy left the state for a week without telling anyone. Time for him to step down. That's irresponsible. And he's lost all credibility after the emails. They are great though!

Political hit job or not, what a fool to allow himself to be put into this position. That's all I can say.

No double speak it seems some Senators on both sides have a few issues.As for the gov,as long as he was married there's no excuse for what he did.nor for what Clinton did,just a few of the ones we know,seems to be a resume for some to be president :twisted::twisted:

No double speak it seems some Senators on both sides have a few issues.As for the gov,as long as he was married there's no excuse for what he did.nor for what Clinton did,just a few of the ones we know,seems to be a resume for some to be president :twisted::twisted:
No doubt. I think what both did personally is awful. Thing is, it is a family affair unless laws are broken. If we have perjury involved like one of the examples above, then you've got a situation where the highest chief executive is a lawbreaker and required to be disbarred, etc. I'm not sure we have illegality here (we may though- not sure yet). Just stupidity and cold-heartedness.

Ultimately this is a moral issue between him and his family. He's a tard, but I don't see where it rises to being a political issue--unless one makes it so by ranting about family values and what not. Then one looks like a double tard.

FWIW, my brother married his Argentinian girlfriend, but he wasn't married to someone else at the time and he's not the Governor of South Carolina or any other state.

He used taxpayer money to visit his GF. He needs to resign.

If a politician resigned every time they misused taxpayers money we would have no politicians.

Not saying that is a bad thing :p

If he were a 7 - 11 clerk no one would care less.

Get over it he is a human being with all the failings that entails :dunno:

But he is not a 7-11 clerk. He is in charge of an entire state. He is only repaying the state because he got caught. He is a lier and a theif. Not to mention being a hypocrite of epic proportion.

Yes, he is a human and yes he made mistakes. And just like anyone else he needs to pay for them.

I agree - it shows limited intelligence when you look at the completely inept way he tried to cover his tracks.

It left a WHOLE STATE to fend for itself without any way to handle a crisis if it arose:

City Mayor: Uh - we've got a flood situation, 2 whole towns were wiped out - what should we do - I think we need the National Guard to protect for looters?

State Rep: Call the Governor.

City Mayor: We did - no one knows where he is.

State Rep: Call the Lt. Govenor

Lt. Governor: Not sure I have the power to do anything. We need to locate the Governor

City Mayor: People are dying - we need help

Lt. Governor: Ok - I'll get back to you.

You get the idea. It could have been bad.

Since when has limited intelligence been a bar to holding political office? :lol:

There is a procedure for transferance of power in an emergency.

Is he dumb? Yes of course he is, that is beyond dispute.

However, on the scale of political transgressions he isn't really in the NFL more in the pee wee league.

It is all much ado about what coulda shoudla woulda but none of it did so the mass hysteria surrounding his indiscretions seems to be a bit over the top.

It isn't like he sexually and otherwise abused children including his own and then died a much loved drug abuser hero is it?

He got laid :dunno:

The mixed morality of the media is indeed truly awesome when in full hypocritical swing.

I am sure the voters will hand out their own verdict and really they are the only people outside of his family that it has any revelvance to.

Since when has limited intelligence been a bar to holding political office? :lol:

There is a procedure for transferance of power in an emergency.

Is he dumb? Yes of course he is, that is beyond dispute.

However, on the scale of political transgressions he isn't really in the NFL more in the pee wee league.

It is all much ado about what coulda shoudla woulda but none of it did so the mass hysteria surrounding his indiscretions seems to be a bit over the top.

It isn't like he sexually and otherwise abused children including his own and then died a much loved drug abuser hero is it?

He got laid :dunno:

The mixed morality of the media is indeed truly awesome when in full hypocritical swing.

I am sure the voters will hand out their own verdict and really they are the only people outside of his family that it has any revelvance to.

I believe the Pee Wee quote was through his wife's spokesman.Can't confirm that.:dunno:In 1774 you had to have an IQ of 44 to serve in an elected office,one of moral upbringing or don't get caught!I agree there's bigger problems than this to consider.I don't understand why we lowered the IQ standards.xangelx.Got to go there coming to take me back to my room:o
  • Like 1

He used taxpayer money to visit his GF. He needs to resign.

That's the part I missed. Yep, he should go.

So to recap, get a mistress (Guiliani) not a hooker (Spitzer) and don't bill the taxpayers (Stanford).

Did he use taxpyare money? I thought he took a commercial flight. The news has pretty much let this go altogether. All I see are MJ tributes.

Did he use taxpyare money? I thought he took a commercial flight. The news has pretty much let this go altogether. All I see are MJ tributes.

I haven't heard anyone conclude he used public monies for the trip - All I've heard is they were looking into it. Maybe I have missed something, somewhere.