admin

Gov Stanford.

I haven't heard anyone conclude he used public monies for the trip - All I've heard is they were looking into it. Maybe I have missed something, somewhere.

The trip to Argentina was state funded.

The governor admitted last week to a yearlong affair with a woman in Argentina. He and his wife say they will try to reconcile. Some lawmakers are calling for him to resign because he used public money to see the mistress during one trip, and because he was out of touch with his staff during his recent weeklong tryst.

Sanford repeatedly said he did not use public money for the trip, so it was not clear why he has agreed to reimburse the state for some of the more-than $8,000 in taxpayer money spent on the Argentina leg of an economic development trip to South America last year.

http://www.blueridgenow.com/article/20090628/NEWS/906289993/0/MISC?Title=Legality-of-Sanford-s-tryst-raises-questions

but was also mentioned previously....he did NOT transfer power to his Lt. Gov if anything should happen. SC dodged a MAJOR bullet there, people. Admin had it right...Lt. Gov couldnt do a damn thing if anything happened that needed Governor powers to do...

In the Red Corner, the current, and soon to be former, Governor, of the Great State of South Carolina,

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrk Sanforrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd!

And in the Blue Corner, the former Governor of the Empire State,

Elioooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot Spitzerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

It isn't like he sexually and otherwise abused children including his own and then died a much loved drug abuser hero is it?

You talking about Elvis? Because although he died a drug abusing hero, I don't think he abused his children. He did sleep with a 14 year old..or is he innocent until proven guilty. No wait even if your NOT proven guilty, your still guilty. So confusing....:confused:

MJ...your in a much better place then we are that's for sure!

You talking about Elvis? Because although he died a drug abusing hero, I don't think he abused his children. He did sleep with a 14 year old..or is he innocent until proven guilty. No wait even if your NOT proven guilty, your still guilty. So confusing....:confused:

MJ...your in a much better place then we are that's for sure!

There is criminal guilt then there is civil guilt as evidenced by settlements. ;)

There is criminal guilt then there is civil guilt as evidenced by settlements. ;)

Well call it what you want, but I'm a mother and all the millions in the world couldn't convince me to not put an animal in jail who has forever tarnished my child's life. Now if I just want the money and I know you have it to give just to get rid of me, well that's another story!

There is CRIMINAL GUILT in a mother who accepts money as apposed to justice for her child. She might as well be a child molester herself. If he DID do it then social services should take her children. She doesn't deserve them!

Edited by swtprncess281
Ummm, political thread? Isn't there a rule against this? No wait, I just noticed there is an ® after his name. Must be ok then.

No - this is not a political thread. We are not arguing political ideals or ideas, just the actions of one idiot, which has nothing to do with his philosophy. This guy could have been from any party.

In the Red Corner, the current, and soon to be former, Governor, of the Great State of South Carolina,

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrk Sanforrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd!

And in the Blue Corner, the former Governor of the Empire State,

Elioooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot Spitzerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

You forgot lets get ready to rummmmmble!

Keith and Bill-O cancel each other out. They're hilarious because they both spew twisted half-truths to sell advertising but somehow hate each other. They are cut from the same mold. :D

And who is that WNBA-looking half-man half-woman on after Keith? What a mean spirited mess that is.

Ummm, political thread? Isn't there a rule against this? No wait, I just noticed there is an ® after his name. Must be ok then.

No, I seem to recall discussions of Eliot Spitzer's exploits after it became public that he'd been paying for hookers. He too was stupid, but for different reasons.

TrooperGate was dumb, it had all appearances of being politically motivated, and he shoulda know better. Although, Bruno was indicted in January, so perhaps in Spitzer's defense that dawg did hunt afterall.

Spitzer also shoulda gotten a mistress rather than a hooker. Rudy Giuliani has been through a couple of mistresses, and it hasn't damaged him politically--mostly because he hasn't set himself up as some holier than thou guy.

In Spitzer's defense, prosecutors found no evidence that Spitzer paid for hookers with public funds.