Too many addresses on CR a problem?

docniss

Getting ready to work on cleaning my credit. Question is in regards to personal information specifically addresses that show up on my credit report. IS there any advantage to getting addresses off my credit report such as past work addresses that show up on my credit report? I am self employed so these are where I have had businesses.

Thanks

You will have more success after removing old addresses in my opinion.

BEWARE on EX if ANY of the old addresses are linked to an old address EX WILL NOT remove that address and WILL verifiy any dispute by ASSOCIATION, they WILL NOT forward your dispute to the DF for verification.

with EX, CALL them to have the addresses linked to accounts removed, in my experience they WILL remove them. But, IF the accounts are still active/been reported on the address WILL reapear the next time the OC reports on the account.

The CR's will show your current address and 2-3 previous addresses. This is standard. Anymore than that and I would write a letter to the CR's questioning the necessity of report several previous addresses. I would argue issues of reporting clarity and argue that they have your report in a confusing manner to creditors. I would also look to see how many years back the previous addresses go. If more than 7 years you may be able to argue that it is outdated irrelevant information past the 7 year credit reporting period.

Your address and work history are important to creditors. It shows stability or a lack of stability.

I thought of something else I would like to add. You may find this applicable or interesting.

On all 3 credit reports the CR's list my current address and my 2 prior previous addresses. On my EQ report I noticed that they have the prior addresses in the incorrect order, my immediate previous address is listed as my 2nd former residence. For clarity sake and uniformity of my credit reports and personal information I contacted them (EQ) to have them correct the mistake but they refused to do so.

They blah blah blahed some BS as to that is how the information came to them....:roll::?:confused:

Ok, I think I understand a little better now. You all must be talking about having addresses removed "after" TL's have been removed.

I was thinking the opposite......because my sister had told me (in her credit repair adventure) that if she would have first had the addresses removed before the TL's were removed that it would have been quicker process because she said that onece addresses are removed then they can't validate the debt because the TL's are "related" to a address I.D. # (such as Ex list in their reports). Can anyone confirm, add or comment on this please? I have not yet made that first step in my credit repair b/c I am reading, reading trying to capture all the knowledge I can b4 I make that first step.

Thanks for having me as part of your community!

I can't give any advice on how to remove anything because I am a newbie.

I just wanted to comment that on my CR's they took parts of different addresses to make new ones. A street address of one house that i lived in and a city and state of a different house. So i have alot of clean up to do. I think they have my residences in the upper twentys