muneca6575

Please help !! all of this is scary and overwhelming

Today i contacted a company called NAR inc about a debt that showed up on my credit report. I told the woman that i would like to set up a payment plan and she said they do not take payments and threatened that i better make payment in full by the 31st of this month or they will take me to court..... keep in mind i have not recived even 1 letter from these people. i just found them on my credit report and initiated the contact myself.... is this legal???? can they sue me if i'm willing to make payments???

someone please help ! I feel so helpless right now !!

:?

Well first off you need to send them a debt validation letter before you just pay anything that shows up on your credit. If you like throwing your money away, I'll gladly give you my bank account number since you owe me 75,000,000,000.00. Secondly you cant go to jail, but depending on the amount you can be sued. I wouldnt jump ship and run off with the check book, because the agent you spoke with is using a scare tactic to get you to pay them, and you dont even know if this is actually your debt.

What I suggest you do is send them a debt validation letter. If they actually can validate it, and you do recall it as being yours then try and get it settled, but make sure you do all of this by certified letters. Quit talking to them on the phone, that way you wont feel so intimidated.

I am a newbie myself, and believe me I've been where you are until I came across this forum and got help from all the great people and information.....

So welcome to you, and I'll be waiting on my check ;)

:)++

First of all take a deep breath....with the help of those on this forum, you'll be able to work this through.

What type of debt is this - credit card, medical, installment loan?

What does your credit report show as the date of last activity or the date of first default? (easier to find on your EQ report)

I can only add to the good advise given and that is to get informed about your legal rights under Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) and Fair Debt Collection Practic Act (FDCPA) also research your own state consumer protection laws and statues.Never pay one cent without proper validation if it is yours. Get organize, with knowledge comes power and with that power no more intimidation so get some rest put up a good fight!xangelx