Been_Ponzied

I really like BofA Privacy Assist

Every time I go to work on my credit, I sign up for Bank of America Privacy Assist and they pull all three reports and organize them into credit scores, positive and negative factors, three in one credit report, creditor contact directory, glossary of terms and credit information review. It all comes in this nice, neat, little booklet. Their number is 1-800-516-9561. I'm just plugging them because they are real helpful and have helped me a lot.

Every time I go to work on my credit, I sign up for Bank of America Privacy Assist and they pull all three reports and organize them into credit scores, positive and negative factors, three in one credit report, creditor contact directory, glossary of terms and credit information review. It all comes in this nice, neat, little booklet. Their number is 1-800-516-9561. I'm just plugging them because they are real helpful and have helped me a lot.

i recently signed up for BofA privacy assist, and just received my 3 credit reports (and all 3 fico scores!) at no cost. my understanding is that once you sign up, it's an ongoing thing and they charge either $11 or 15/month for monitoring the reports and scores... but do they send out monthly (or quarterly) reports/scores? or only if there's a change? (i haven't fully read the material yet). i didn't realize there was an option to periodically sign up with privacy assist.

i figured i would use them for a few months to see how it works, and then cancel if i don't see any ongoing benefit.

I have been signed up with Privacy Assist for 6months now. Every time there is a change to anything, I get an email alert. I also like the way they compile the information, it's very easy to follow. P/A also has a help section, a place to start if you need to dispute; addy's and ph# of the 3 CRA's, commonly asked q's about your cr, ect.

I'm in the process of cleaning up our cr's, and the alerts are helpful when keeping tabs on the changes we are expecting/looking for.

Yeah, I pay monthly for a few months, cancel it and join as needed. The first month is free.

I got an alert via snail mail when an attorney put his info on my file! Which happened right after I checked my credit! EEK

I did my trial and cancelled after 2 weeks. Wasn't a fan of it at all, and certainly not worth their monthly fee.

It's good if you just want a quick free trial look at your merged report, but many of the lines lacked information (date to fall of, who the creditor actually was, etc).

****I too am a big fan. the more I look around at their website I find jewels like sample letter for multiple situations, updated credit score. information about disputes and so much more. I have been writting a lot of letters today and the PA has helped alot in combo from what I find here.

**** Well, until a few hours ago when i called to see when my CR would be updated. I decided to call them and ask after I saw posts about other programs getting instant update access. Well, I called to only find out my next CR would be issued in 4, yes, FOUR MONTHS!!! I asked when i could see my score updates and they said when my CR was issued. She did tell me that if anything is removed it should be emailed to me me but she didn't sound sure. I asked her to cancel my account and she gave me some LONG song and dance why I shouldnt and if someone stole my ID and then i wanted to come back they couldn't help me. blah blah... Then she told me they already billed me YESTERDAY! I asked for a sup and after letting the SUP know they delayed letting me access the system and messed up my account info. (which they did-long story) I was refunded the payment and my account cancelled. SHEESH!

Edited by butterfly_girl