AFNI Collection Agency

mstigers2009

AFNI Collection Agency

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been fighting with AFNI that the below account is not and it is a fraudlent account. I sent them a debt validation letter they did not respond to the letter, I sent them a second letter saying that it has been thirty days and they did not validate the account and they remove from credit bureaus at once because they are in violation. This is what I get on my credit report.

What does this mean? How can I continue the fight?

ANDERSON FIN NETWORK/BLOOM

Company/Account Name: ANDERSON FIN NETWORK/BLOOM

Company Address/Phone: 404 Brock Dr, PO Box 3097, Bloomington, IL 617023097

Account Number: 202920XXXX

Date Opened: 06/01/08

Last Activity: 07/01/07

Type: Open Account

Rate/Status: At least 120 days or more than for payments past due

High Credit: N/A

Terms: N/A

Balance: $682

Past Due: $682

Most Recent Date Reported: 07/01/09

Comments on Account: Consumer disputes this account information , Collection account

same here.

I admittedly had an open account for about $100 still with Verizon that went to collections.

At about year 5, AFNI bought it out and reaged it back 2 years and changed the balance from around $200ish to $650+.

I did all the necessary stuff to try and get it off but honestly I don't think any of this stuff works. All they do is say "yup it's real and valid" and the CB's believe them.

You can send them letter after letter explaining to them that they have illegally raaged the tradeline etc and will receive NOTHING in return but nagging phone calls will increase.

These companies are pretty evil.

70% of the debt they hold are valid. They up the original value of debt 500-2000% of the original and use very immoral tactics to get people to pay. Only to find out that they will have a more blemished account by paying these people.

I will NEVER pay someone who is going to penalize someone for paying, or who takes the original debt and some how gets past the interest rate laws.

It's a game, and coming here did help me become knowledgeable that paying is stupid. It will only hurt your credit, not help it. The best thing you can do is get them to validate a debt or to sue them. Anything else seems pointless.

AFNI is especially stubborn when it comes to removing inaccurate tradelines. They do, however, respond to state regulatory complaints. File a complaint with the appropriate office in your state and let them do the work for you.

AFNI is especially stubborn when it comes to removing inaccurate tradelines. They do, however, respond to state regulatory complaints. File a complaint with the appropriate office in your state and let them do the work for you.

LOL they also react well to summons from Federal Court for FDCPA violations.

:mrgreen:

My fiance' just received a letter from them today about an alleged T-mobile account. Yet, she's never had T-mobile. We sat and went though all the cell phone accounts she's had and T-mobile was the only one she hasn't had. Something sounds really fishy. Gonna ask for validation and see where that goes.

Fighting with AFNI is close to pointless. They never validate and most often their information is wrong in some way. With me they re-dated my last activity on the account. They never responded to any letters and the credit bureaus wouldn't correct/delete the info. I ended up paying the amount they claimed I owed, even though I'm sure the amount was incorrect as well. I had to do it because of the mortgage program that I was applying to, but it made me SO ANGRY! A year later I disputed it with TU stating that they said they would remove the account and it miraculously was removed from all 3 major credit bureaus. It took over 3 years of fighting with them and me paying the full amount to reach this outcome though :-(

Fighting with AFNI is close to pointless. They never validate and most often their information is wrong in some way. With me they re-dated my last activity on the account. They never responded to any letters and the credit bureaus wouldn't correct/delete the info. I ended up paying the amount they claimed I owed, even though I'm sure the amount was incorrect as well. I had to do it because of the mortgage program that I was applying to, but it made me SO ANGRY! A year later I disputed it with TU stating that they said they would remove the account and it miraculously was removed from all 3 major credit bureaus. It took over 3 years of fighting with them and me paying the full amount to reach this outcome though :-(

Which is why to save time and cash suing early and often is the preferred method of dealing with them.

They never validate and most often their information is wrong in some way.

It took over 3 years of fighting with them and me paying the full amount to reach this outcome though

This is why AFNI gets away with these scams.

You paid a non-validated, possibly non-existent debt.

Sheesh.