If I pay a CA will it be erased from my CR?

younglady

My old apartment complex reported me to a CA for $748. If I pay the CA will it be erased from my credit report or will it still show up on there? Also how fast do they erase it? I need to buy a car asap. and I was thinking if I paid this debt off, I could get a better deal on a loan.

What do you think?

You would have to get them to agree that with full payment, it will be removed from your credit report.:? There are sample letters on this forum you can use for this. If you pay them without written confirmation that it will be removed, it will report as a "0" balance under collections for 7 yrs.:evil: First, you have to find out if the original creditor still owns the debt and is using a collection agency or whether the debt has been sold. The letter will only work for the facility who still owns the debt. :rolleyes: For example, if the collection agency agrees (verbally) that they will remove it but the original creditor still owns the debt, you are being lied to! :( Only the agency who owns the debt can have it removed from your credit report! :)++

Ok thanks!!

I want to offer the apartment complex 50% of the debt because I had a room-mate and don't feel I should pay for both of us...because she was on the lease too. I want to ask them to take it off my CR if I pay my half. Do you think they will do this? Do i need to write a contract or settlement agreement for this?

Ok thanks!!

I want to offer the apartment complex 50% of the debt because I had a room-mate and don't feel I should pay for both of us...because she was on the lease too. I want to ask them to take it off my CR if I pay my half. Do you think they will do this? Do i need to write a contract or settlement agreement for this?

Was your roommate on the lease as well? :confused: If so, are they suing both of you for the total debt? Either way, they want full payment and it may be necessary for you to pay the entire bill and sue your roommate. :-( There are a lot of cases such as this on the many "judge" shows you now see on TV. As I stated previously, you must find out who owns the debt as the final say comes from them! Otherwise you're just xdeadhorsex!! Once you do get it settled, you would also want it removed from your credit report. xWhipMex First, I would find my roommate and try to fix this together. It might take a little doing, :slapface: but in the end, you'll be glad you did! :boxing: