I was disputing items online with Experian, when all of a sudden.....

Been_Ponzied

All of a sudden the software would not allow me to dispute any longer, but only allowed me to choose one of their pre-made "consumer statements"!!! Which, as we know, creditors do not read! And I had not ever disputed them before, as they are relatively new. I think they only allowed me a certain number of disputes!!!!

Is this corrupt, or what?

Edited by Been_Ponzied

All of a sudden the software would not allow me to dispute any longer, but only allowed me to choose one of their pre-made "consumer statements"!!! Which, as we know, creditors do not read! And I had not ever disputed them before, as they are relatively new. I think they only allowed me a certain number of disputes!!!!

Is this corrupt, or what?

Although I know you have, I'd read Methuss' sticky on reasons not to do online disputes. Also, if you hadn't disputed the items before, how could "the software" only allow a certain number of disputes? In general, disputing online confines your response to the E-Oscar system to make their life easier - You're required to play by their rules. If you've done several disputes online, you may be encountering their definition of "frivolous disputes." IMO and experience, it is a perfect reason not to do online disputes.

Although I know you have, I'd read Methuss' sticky on reasons not to do online disputes. Also, if you hadn't disputed the items before, how could "the software" only allow a certain number of disputes? In general, disputing online confines your response to the E-Oscar system to make their life easier - You're required to play by their rules. If you've done several disputes online, you may be encountering their definition of "frivolous disputes." IMO and experience, it is a perfect reason not to do online disputes.

Yes you are right; I shouldn't have tried to dispute online. I just re-read Methuss' sticky. No, I had never been notified of any frivolous disputes, nor have I disputed a lot online.

I am using Bank of America Privacy Assist right now, and they send me dispute forms for Equifax and TU, but have their customers just dispute online with Experian. I just thought I'd go along with them for a change. It was a bad decision. I don't have any documents to send in a mail dispute.

Aloha Everyone,

This site has a lot of very important information to read and apply our thinking caps.....So I'm on vacation for the last week and decide to fight the creditors...with the help of all this information let's just say that we debtors have one the week's challenge.

From Experian I have had seven negatives on top since May of this year...This week I'm down to only four negatives....

OK, I have heard a lot of stories regarding Credit One. Everyone has to hear this one....Credit One from 2007 has reported negative information to the CB's so I disputed the information in which the information was 'verified'. I contacted Credit One today and was told by the Customer Service person on the phone that I have no SS number nor account with them....so i asked why are they reporting this information to the CB. The agent wanted to see the report where their agency was listed...but he never gave me his name nor his direct line - so I contacted Experian and told them so I hope we(debtors) win this battle too. Ok just wanted to share my thoughts...Don't know what's going on but this week I had items removed from my file; collections from 2007 and i sent a nasty letter to a collection agency also....everyone that's fighting keep fighting good luck to you all....:roll: