PFD with OC is it a good idea??

Webbk012

I would like to throw out a question to eveyone here.

My husband is 2 points away from getting our Home Loan approved. He has a collection from Enhanced Recovery (OC is Embarq). I contacted Embarq directly and they said I can make a payment with them, then they will contact Enhanced Recovery to removed fro his credit file. Is this a good way to go?:confused:

We are kind of in a hurry to get this and one more collection similar to this off his report.

The home loan guy wants to send him to to a credit repair person and pay $200 down and $200 a month for 6 months and I told my husband NO WAY! I can do it myself!!

I would like to throw out a question to eveyone here.

My husband is 2 points away from getting our Home Loan approved. He has a collection from Enhanced Recovery (OC is Embarq). I contacted Embarq directly and they said I can make a payment with them, then they will contact Enhanced Recovery to removed fro his credit file. Is this a good way to go?:confused:

We are kind of in a hurry to get this and one more collection similar to this off his report.

The home loan guy wants to send him to to a credit repair person and pay $200 down and $200 a month for 6 months and I told my husband NO WAY! I can do it myself!!

Get yourself a new home loan guy before you do anything else, or pay anything to anyone.

Be sure to get what the OC said in "writing" before you send any money otherwise you will pay it and it will sit on your credit report as a "paid collection" which is just as bad as an "unpaid collection".xshotx Also, remember that when it does drop from your credit report, your score will go down before it goes up again. :hmm: I agree with you that I would never paid someone for something I can do myself for free! xbeer2)

Newryman and Astiman are right.

Thomassl is right about getting things in writing first.

Get another loan officer right away! :shock: This one is not helping you!

You could get two points just by paying down existing debt! How old are those collections? If they are more than 2 yrs old, then they have very little impact on your score. It would be worse to pay them now because it would show new activity.

Thank you everyone!! The bad thing with my husband's credit is that he has 2 car loans showing(joint with me) never been late and then 1 medical collection from 2003 and then this collection and then the most recent when we early termed our apartment lease a year ago. No other credit. Is there any way to get 2 points to get a 620 for a home loan?? I dont want to be on the loan because I am waiting for my student loans to be out of rehab in 2 more months!!! yeah for that!

Thank you everyone!! The bad thing with my husband's credit is that he has 2 car loans showing(joint with me) never been late and then 1 medical collection from 2003 and then this collection and then the most recent when we early termed our apartment lease a year ago. No other credit. Is there any way to get 2 points to get a 620 for a home loan?? I dont want to be on the loan because I am waiting for my student loans to be out of rehab in 2 more months!!! yeah for that!

How about getting a secured card? You can do it with several different banks and I would think it would be quick because they take your money (min. $300) to open it.