2ndTimeAround

Are Penny Stocks a good investment?

Back in March, started with $7,000 - now over $20,000 made through trading stocks between $3.00 to $29.00.

Anyone had any experience with Penny stocks? Buying a large quantity of of shares, in several stocks, looking to eliminate risk, but also increase profit.

Sold my AIG, C, and BAC stock last week after making a few bucks. I have been seeing a trend these stocks are higher at the end of the month, lowering beginning and middle of the month.

This morning brought 20,000 shares of MESA at $0.24 a share, went up over $0.29, closed at $0.269.

This afternoon bought another 20,000 shares of VSGN, trading at $0.32. It went up to $0.33 and closed at $0.31.

After spending the day researching, below are stocks that are in a positive mode. Is it better to buy in the morning or afternoon? Any thoughts?????????

VIRTUALHEALTH TECHS INC VHGI 0.350* +0.050 (16.67%) 16.29M

Vasogen Inc. (USA) VSGN 0.310 +0.099 (47.06%) 7.01M

Nutrition 21, Inc. NXXI 0.155 +0.015 (10.64%) 11.04M

Limelight Networks, Inc. LLNW 3.68 +0.25 (7.29%) 308.45M

China Techfaith... CNTF 2.94 +0.21 (7.69%) 127.41M

XELR8 Holdings, Inc. XELR 0.350* 0.000 (0.00%) 5.49M

SYMPOWERCO CORP SYMW 0.0018* +0.0007 (63.64%) 324,000.00

Inovio Biomedical Corp. INO 2.22* +0.14 (6.73%) 190.53M

Penn Treaty American PTYA 0.384* +0.104 (37.14%)8.94M

:)

If you want the real commentary, we just looked over your VSGN, MESA, and VHGI, and my husband's comment was, "Over the long run, you'd do better buying lottery tickets."

I agree. Definitely not something I could do. I've only made money on one penny stock. SKNY.OB, thanks to a certain poster on this site. And it was by sheer chance. I bought it at 0.15 at an inflection point and sold at 0.37, right before it tanked down to 7 cents. It is a 1 in 1000 shot I could ever do that again.

I say bet on horses. At least you'll have fun while doing it and you won't get stressed out. :D

I'm guessing these ultramicrocap stocks generally act like hyperleverage. They do fantastic when economy on the upswing and wipe you out when times are tough?

This afternoon bought another 20,000 shares of VSGN, trading at $0.32. It went up to $0.33 and closed at $0.31.

On the MESA stock it's still at $.024...... Planning on dropping this one.

Brought back into AIG 250 share at $24.14, it's up to $24.42.

This morning received an alert to buy AXL, just checked it - up $2.49 a share....

This morning sold 20,000 shares of VSGN at $0.41 - $1800 profit.. Drove into work, stopped at 7/11 and got a large 16oz RedBull.........:)

Edited by 2ndTimeAround

Penny stocks are a form of low priced stocks where each stock can cost less than a dollar. Nearly all professional money managers do not beat the broad market. The majority of mutual fund managers actually make poor performance in the long and short term.Penny stocks let investors to get a thousand shares. It is so because many penny stocks are out there for relatively cheap prices. If the company gets a big order for products, the stock could climb to almost a dollar in a matter of days. An essential way to unbeaten trading on speculative securities is to find a broker that has a good understanding of how the stock market works.

penny stocks are really good investment if played carefully and researched wholly.They are low in risk as compared to regular stocks

The risk is the same. Stocks will drop less on face value, but you are going to be buying alot more shares.

You are computing the math. Look at the behavior of most penny stocks as compared to most stocks that bear higher (above $20-$30 or so) share prices. Therein lies the difference, and thus the greater risk.

A rising tide lifts all boats, a.k.a. small caps do really well in bull markets

Making money in penny stocks is next to impossible in a down market since you can rarely short them.

Penny stocks are generally bought and traded by get rich quick types.

I view penny stocks and options as speculative

::Spam::

Anyone who says that penny stocks are a good investment has, with that statement, demonstrated conclusively that they are not entitled to an opinion about the matter. People who know nothing about a topic, especially a very technical one that requires specific training, knowledge, and experience, are not due an opinion about that topic and are better served by being quiet when it is asked about or discussed.

Actually some donkeys who do not know a thing about penny stock have walked away a day later retired! The best educated people in the market that give advise are always bs-ing you! I believe stock is like your education. You get what you pay for. And i hope you learn from your lessons.

Actually some donkeys who do not know a thing about penny stock have walked away a day later retired! The best educated people in the market that give advise are always bs-ing you! I believe stock is like your education. You get what you pay for. And i hope you learn from your lessons.

You're absolutely right. You should buy penny stocks. It's the ticket to early retirement. xpopcornx

You're absolutely right. You should buy penny stocks. It's the ticket to early retirement. xpopcornx

/drumroll followed up with a /symbol crash!

::band::

Are Penny Stocks a good investment?

No. Absolutely not. Negatory. Nyet. Never.

You can google names like "Meyer Blinder" "Blinder Robbins" and "Stratton Oakmont" to get an idea.

Thanks for sharing such juicy information. Hope you will publish more information like this.*Trading penny stocks are very risky but here you can find 100% growth that no other market will give you. Many investors like these stocks because these stocks do not take a large amount of money layout.

Penny stocks have a great significance in the life of investors. With the help of penny stocks investors can incur huge gains in very short period of time as small as minutes and hours.

Here is a stock that I followed a couple years ago. It might have made a good trade because it popped up to about $1.75 per share from about $.25, but it eventually went down to sub penny status which aren't worth buying at all.

big.chart?symb=soyo&compidx=aaaaa%3A0&ma=1&maval=9&uf=0&lf=1&lf2=16777216&lf3=0&type=2&size=2&state=8&sid=1330606&style=350&time=20&freq=1&comp=NO%5FSYMBOL%5FCHOSEN&nosettings=1&rand=9057&mocktick=1

Was it you that recommended SKNY.ob? Great brand, but almost worthless today...$0.056/share. Still made a few k on that trade...the one and only time in my life I fooled around with a penny stock!!!! They are diluting the common to $0.00 just for working capital, so good thing I escaped at $0.36.

Awesome, no it wasn't me. Good job on the profit.
dumb luck, nothing more.....but better to be lucky than good. Someone on this website had recommended it and I bought some for the heck of it with some spec money.

If a stock is cheap its cheap for a reason. OTC stocks are not covered by analyst so most of the time you have no idea what may happen next with that company.

Of course take my advice with a grain of salt because if I knew anything about being a better trader I would not even know this board existed.

I made a ton on penny stocks. 1st started out with LINUX when it was like $.40 a share. It jumped to almost $5 by summer end, I made out really really good. To bad i didnt buy much