2ndTimeAround

Are Penny Stocks a good investment?

Skinny Water was stumbled upon by researching how much Coca Cola paid for Gluceau Water. I was doing a Yahoo search, and came across the founders name, launching a new zero calorie brand of water. I think he also launched two other successful brands in the beverage industry, prior to Gluceau. Pretty ironic that we were able to make money. I first jumped in at 12 cents a share (8,500 shares cost $1,000), got out at 18 cents , back in at 13 cents (11,000 shares,for the initial $1,000 plus earnings from previous sale), back out at 23 cents, back in at 18 cents (looking to go back to 23 cents, but this time I left my initial investment of $1,000 on the sidelines, and had made enough to still purchase 8,500 more shares, this time it took off to 38 cents, got out, bought back in at 23 cents (14,000 shares) and out at 53 cents. It started sinking after that but I made about $7,000 in about four months time.

Notice that after making some money, I pulled my initial investment and only played with actual profit money. I would also say to watch these stocks very closely, and pay clsoe attention to support levels.

The thing is, Skinny Water is everywhere now. But they've diluted their shares to infinity so it doesn't even mater if they've finally become profitable. The shares are virtually worthless because there are hundreds of millions of shares outstanding.

Penny stocks have a great significance in the life of investors. With the help of penny stocks investors can incur huge gains in very short period of time as small as minutes and hours.

bullrally.com

Hiii Dear...

Penny Stocks are now the best way to earn money in a little period. Last day i invest $2356 in Thestealthstockreport.com and within 12days i will get $1203.23. To know how is it possible sign up here.

Hiii Dear...

Penny Stocks are now the best way to earn money in a little period. Last day i invest $2356 in Thestealthstockreport.com and within 12days i will get $1203.23. To know how is it possible sign up here.

Just shows how fast you can lose your money.8-):roll:

Just shows how fast you can lose your money.8-):roll:

Mortgageman Dito...!!!!!

What I have learned though many costly mistakes.

Stock is not like a savings account, just letting the money sit. You need to keep it moving to make money, buying low and selling high. Before buying a stock, you have to know what price to sell.

Have signed up for updates from different sites like The-stealth-stock-report. If you receive an email alert of some stock ready to explode, chance are this is an attempt to get you to spend money. I cannot count the times I fell for this. Buy it only see the stock grow a little, then drop like a rock. (Lucky my accountant uses my losses to deduct on my taxes).

In the past got bored with Merrill Lynch, Charles Swab, and Scotts Trade. Now use TD Ameritrade. Have the Google gadget on my home and work computers on stocks owned. Have a Google Finance watch-list of 100-plus stocks that I spent an hour a couple times a week updating.

I mainly use http://www.blackberrystocks.com/hotstocks.html to find new stocks worth watching. It is a long list to research. Use the past history looking at the highs and lows to determine if it is worth watching/buying. One thing with P-stocks, when you sell the money is available immediately, unless regular stock having to wait three days before it its your account.

Yesterday set sell orders on 10 stocks - three that brought on earlier during the week.

What have done with some stocks. Set the sell order at 50% when the value doubles. Leave the original amount I started with, then take the other half to buy more stocks.

Working one stock that went chapter 11 last year, Mesa Airlines (mesaq). A few weeks ago announce they are looking to come out of bankruptcy. Right now the stock value is trading around $0.01 (1 cent). Have read reports the company is looking to be trading above $1.00 this year. Knowing this Airline handles most of the Airline travel in Hawaii, the gains on this could be huge!! (Now I sound like one of this stock guys trying to pump up the price....lol..)

My $00.02

Edited by 2ndTimeAround

All trading requires knowledge, otherwise you're better off going to Vegas and statiscally have the same chance of making money.

I began position trading exactly 13 months ago, last July I made a 50% return, on average I've been making a 30% return, in December I had two bad trades but had a mental stop gap, sold them and then went back in at the lower price.

However, I don't trade penny stocks, too volatile and risky for me, I trade ETFs, in particular triple or double levered. I did have to learn how to read charts, and stay attuned to the general market (futures pricing, announcements, etc).

But I don't 'invest', I trade. Two way different disciplines.

Generally penny stocks pass on to the low-priced provisional securities of very small companies. They are quoted over-the-counter, such as on the OTC Bulletin Board or in the Pink Sheets.

Penny stocks aren't a lost cause, but they are very high-risk investments that aren't suitable for all investors. If you can't resist the lure of micro caps, make sure you do extensive research and understand what you are getting into.

• Like 1