J_Snow

'A Game Of Thrones' on HBO

Some of you may know that this book series is my favorite fantasy series and the pilot for HBO is going into production in October.

Well, there have been a lot of roles cast so I thought I'd share them.

Here is a press release about the latest additions.

This site lists all the characters in the pilot and who has been cast already.

It should be pretty amazing!

Newbie-You out there? I'm excited!!!

If you have not read this-get it. It's a wonderful adult fantasy series. Think Lord of the Rings after whiskey, cigars and strippers.

:)

Darn, I was hoping this was going to be historical and not fantasy. I have enough trouble getting a grip on real history. And I'm finally interested in it for the first time in my life since I found that I have 8 kings of England in my ancestry (up till 1400s) and after that, my ancestor's brother and sister were beheaded in the Tower of London.

I'd like to learn more real history but I don't know if I can get into the same sort of thing that is just made-up. It sounds like the same time period, though, roughly.

Darn, I was hoping this was going to be historical and not fantasy. I have enough trouble getting a grip on real history. And I'm finally interested in it for the first time in my life since I found that I have 8 kings of England in my ancestry (up till 1400s) and after that, my ancestor's brother and sister were beheaded in the Tower of London.

I'd like to learn more real history but I don't know if I can get into the same sort of thing that is just made-up. It sounds like the same time period, though, roughly.

The "time period" is fairly similar, though there are radical differences to the world. It does paint a very realistic vision of the behind the scenes politics and brutality of medieval dynasties, and I would say that the king, Robert Baratheon, does bear some resemblence to Henry VIII, without the syphilis and quite afraid of his wife's family's power.

If you're looking for something well-done and historical, you should check out PBS and the History Channel...They have some good stuff, though I can't give any specific names off the top of my head. But if you want to get a real feel for how awful being a seat of power could be in the time period, A Game of Thrones should give you that.