Recieved a check in the mail today

whocares

LOL it was too funny, from Sallie Mae...telling me I had overpaid my 100.000.00 in student loans and the inadvertantly charged me interest and additional fees...the check was for 2.65

I guess it's my money..,they said so, but I paid off my loans about 3 or 4 years ago...must be some kind of sign of things to come.8-)

LOL it was too funny, from Sallie Mae...telling me I had overpaid my 100.000.00 in student loans and the inadvertantly charged me interest and additional fees...the check was for 2.65

I guess it's my money..,they said so, but I paid off my loans about 3 or 4 years ago...must be some kind of sign of things to come.8-)

Party time with the windfall you got.8-)

I wonder, if you don't cash it, does it accrue back interest owed to you? Or will it cause the crash of a Mainframe COBOL program somewhere in the bowels of Sallie Mae that leads to the collapse of modern civilization and culminates in global thermonuclear war?

Sorry. Um, got a little carried away.

If you want to achieve that send them back a check for one dime together with a note saying they have miscalculated their interest.

It will get separated for banking from the note and both will be scanned into someones WIP folder on the mainframe. The check will have been banked for several days if not more before a human gets around to receiving it and trying to untangle the mess by the dime having accrued interest.

Wash rinse repeat by insisting they are over paying you. Just change the amount each time to show that you have "recalculated" the amount.

Isn't automation and a paperless office wonderful?