American Express sold to Asset will amex give me the original charged off date?

Nursingstudent2011

Hey guys. American express just sold a collection account of my husbands to asset acceptance. It was charged off feb 2007. Of course now asset is making it look like it was just defaulted on in June which is when they purchased it. We were about to get our preapproval letter to buy a house too. Now our mortgage consultant needs us to get a statement that says the original charged off date. Will American Express have to give that to me if I request it? I did overnight and certify a request to amex asking for the charged off date, the balance, and date of last payment. Im not sure if by law they have to supply me with that. If we cant get proof then there goes our chances of owning a home this year. Please help.

The credit report from when amex had the account states the charged off date but the mortgage company cant use a old credit report. now that asset has it they have changed the dates to when they first purchased the account which was in June 09. Nowhere on the new credit report does it state the original charged off date. It does say that it will come of 2013 so I dont think they reaged it but it sure looks that way. So if I ask amex to give me the original information, will they do it? Or do I have to try and get asset to give me the info. I also want a break down of how the 9,000 balance turned into 30,000 in two years. He had a 18k limit and charged 9k.