Multiple Tradeline Disputes to CRA's

Mike1972

HI guys,

New to all of this and first post/question

I just found you guys and have well been reading all afternoon. I am trying to get my scores up to buy a home this year.

Unfortunately I found you guys too late to avoid some mistakes I have made already ( settling accounts without a removal from CRA requirement, closing an account etc)

But I feel like I have found the proper armor in you guys going forward

My question to you is this

If I have some trade-lines On my CRA's that I have paid and some that are not accurate for other reasons as in incorrect amounts and dates.

Do I dispute all trade-lines In 1 letter to each CRA and start with there are errors in the following reports, and Not be specific in my request, just that the account info is wrong and let them do the work.

or

Do i need to be specific about each trade-line dispute in the letter to each CRA

or

Do I need to send in a dispute letter to each CRA for each individual tradeline

I have looked at all the info posted here.

Some say to do it all at once others say to do it a few at a time, and others say to do 1 at a time, but i couldn't find any info on the proper way to list the trade-line disputes

Just a side Note. Our scores have come up a bit in the last few Months just by paying off some of the CO's. But they still remain on the CRA's most with inaccurate info

any and All advice is appreciated. And I wish I had found you guys back in March..:(

thanks in advance

Mike

I had early success with simply listing all inaccurate tradelines in one letter. List the name and acct #, then a brief "Not familiar with this account or creditor" after each one to start with. I got four dropped from Experian and 10 from TU with that.

When they return the results of the disputes (deleted, verified, or updated), then dispute the remaining listings with one incorrect detail at a time. You can usually find a ton on Experian. One thing they like to do is put something like "Charge off from Sep 2002 to July 2009". I got two more removed just by putting "A charge off can't be for a period of time. It is a one time occurrence, and according to the report, this happened in Sep 2002" (or whatever the date is). You can dispute charge off dates, opening dates, balances listed on "Charged off" accounts, high balances, activity dates. Like I said, I've had success doing one incorrect detail at a time.

Some people recommend disputing ALL inaccuracies in an account at once. The only flaw I see in this is that if they 'verify' the account, and you try to dispute ANY of the inaccuracies again, they will call it 'frivolous' as they have already investigated (and I use that term loosely) the disputes. If you do one at a time, you may have a better chance of them not being able to verify that one detail and getting it deleted. Plus it gives you a REALLY detailed paper trail. "But your honor, I've tried SEVEN times to get this inaccurate account information changed and they refuse to do it."

Just my $0.02. But like I said, I've gotten a total of 12 items off TU, 7 off Experian, and 4 off EQ doing this (in a little over three months.) Some on the second and third disputes.

After an item returns as 'verified', start the DV process with each CA, or the 623 method with each OC. It works, it just takes time. Hope this helps.

Do I dispute all trade-lines In 1 letter to each CRA and start with there are errors in the following reports, and Not be specific in my request, just that the account info is wrong and let them do the work.

or

Do i need to be specific about each trade-line dispute in the letter to each CRA

or

Do I need to send in a dispute letter to each CRA for each individual tradeline

It's whatever you're comfortable doing. If you have a lot of derogatory accts, then I would take the other poster's advice and list all inaccurate tradelines in one letter in your first dispute. This will often shake out easy deletions. You can then whittle it down and focus on the more difficult tradelines. Be sure to save the results of your disputes.

If you have only a few derogatory accounts, you may find it easier to attack them one by one.

Your situation with paid chargeoffs might be a bit tricky to repair. But, because you don't owe $$, you can generally be pretty aggressive without fear of further collection activity or lawsuits.