Caller ID reflects my own name and number.

Downto0

How can I find out who is calling me when the caller ID reflects my own name and number?

I don't think the problem is spoofing because sometimes the caller is someone I know. These people leave a message. Other times there are no messages left and I have no idea who called.

I could just answer the phone but I never seem to be around when the calls with no messages are made.

I have no clue in all honesty that sounds more than a little weird.

I have had it happen more than a few times over the past few years. I doubt if I am the only one. It may or may not be caller id spoofing. The people who did leave a message were from business which may have involved themselves in legal spoofing. I use the term "legal" lightly here because I believe there was an issue for congress to decide as to whether spoofing was to be allowed to continue.

It is not uncommon for CA's and JDB's to use spoofing. This is a violation of the FDCPA for them. But, if the caller id reflects my name and home number, I can't find out who the caller is, much less if it is a CA or JDB.

How about using Google voice?

I did a google on this and found that it does actually exist. I'll do some research on the service and see if I can solve my problem.

Has anyone had a problem with caller id reflecting their own name and number?